The Impact of Technology Service Packs and Revisions on Exam Content

Discussion in 'News' started by Kitkatninja, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

The Impact of Technology Service Packs and Revisions on Exam Content

If you’re preparing to take an exam on a technology that has recently been updated through a service pack or revision (e.g., Windows Server 2008 R2 or the upcoming Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack), you may be wondering if the new features and functionality will be covered by the exam. Well, the short answer is ‘yes’ if that new functionality is related to the exam’s content domain (provided in the prep guide). After all, the purpose of an exam is to certify that candidates possess real world and relevant skills related to a specific technology; if those skills are tied to new functionality, it is reasonable to expect that candidates can perform those tasks using the most recent release of a product. In other words, odds are good that if new functionality is added through a service pack or revision, and it relates directly to the skills being assessed on the exam, you will be asked questions about that functionality when that release is available. This process ensures the validity and relevance of your certification.

See the Blog here.

Useful information for those that are wondering what their exams will cover :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. GSteer
      GSteer
      So, in regards to 70-291, would that now mean the exam covers the R2 variants instead of the vanilla SP1 that the MS Press books state you should use? It would seem to appear so by the wording but confirmation from anyone thats taken it recently would be good.

Maybe I'd better rejig my lab wit the R2 variants.