1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The hunt for 70-296 begins....

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 Exams' started by supag33k, Jun 13, 2007.

1. supag33k

supag33k Kilobyte Poster

Well 70-292 was done and dusted last week...thankfully....so now a MCSA 2003.

I have just started hitting the books and labs for 70-296, to give me the MCSE 2003, probably by late July.

The point BosunMichael make last week about the differing emphasis of the two exams is becoming apparent, 70-292 was an inch deep but a mile, however the 70-296 exam appears to be several metres wide by a few metres deep by comparison.

The central plank now seems to be group policy scenarios rather than various AD/DNS scenarios...however I am sure other aspects of the course requirements will come to the fore!

Also I registered for the 40% discount for the Windows Server 2008 exam, noting that a candidate can be EITHER a MCSA 2003 or an MCSE 2003 to be eligible for this discount.

This is an important point to remember as the offer expires on June 30th 2007...
    Certifications: MCSE (NT4/2000/2003/Messaging), MCDBA
    WIP: CCNA, MCTS SQL, Exchange & Security stuff
  2. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Best of luck, my friend! :)
    Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

You da Shark! You da Shark! Eat it! :biggrin
    Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. fortch

fortch Kilobyte Poster

You go bro!

Ironically, after getting where I'm at with self-study, I'm with a company that pays for class, pays you to go to class, AND pays you a passing bonus! Just waiting on the two upgrade classes :biggrin
    Certifications: A+,Net+,Sec+,MCSA:Sec,MCSE:Sec,mASE