The Housing Market...

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by mattwest, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Buying a house\flat is a nightmare these days, if wasn’t for the combined wage of mine and Mrs Sparky then there is no-way I would be sitting in this flat just now. Would probably still be at home saving up for a deposit!

There is always an element of luck when buying as well. When I viewed the flat for the first time the guy told me he wanted a “quick sale” as he was moving to the States, big mistake! I put in a bid just over the asking price and I only had to up it once more after that. I knew the guy wanted the flat sold before he left and luckily enough nobody else put a bid in. 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I want to concentrate on my career before I get shacked up with some bird, but I also want a place of my own which means I may have to get a girlfiend (I missed the r on purpose) so I can get a mortgage, I also want my own money and not the fiend spending it.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Sparky

LOL, there are a few decent birds out there mate. 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
  4. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

[​IMG] :twisted:

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  5. greenbrucelee

Where ?

They all seem like money grabbers to me.

I get attention from girls when I drive my car because it looks nice and is a highend BMW because they seem to think I am well off.

I have had a few time now where a girl will say you must be doing alright for yourself how about a drink, unless she's fit she gets a sod off.

6. greenbrucelee

someone got killed on big birds land a year ago, not going near big bird :dry

7. Sparky

There are birds like that mate; I used to get the same kinda attention when I drove my Lotus around with the roof off.

Just have some fun and move on to the next one... 8)

8. greenbrucelee

Yep already do ha ha 8)

9. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Depends on what you're talking about... there's space outside the cities... but too far out, and nobody wants to live there due to the long commute. And it's expensive to live close to the cities... cause there's no room to grow, just like there.

Yep, houses are big over here. Need room for all those Chinese goods we buy. :dry

Americans are crazy. :rolleyes:

Never heard of those... we typically have 15-year and 30-year mortgages.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!