The email I send to employers.

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Adrian.Popescu, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Adrian.Popescu

Adrian.Popescu Byte Poster

Hi everyone. I was hoping to get some advice on the email I send to employers with my C.V. Just want some opinions on how it sounds, if i should say more etc. Here it is...

Dear Employer,

With reference to the I.T. Technician role advertised on www.jobserve.com, please find attached a copy of my C.V.

I am a CompTIA A+, Network+, and Microsoft Certified Professional.

I have extensive practical experience with IBM compatible computers, Macintosh, laptops and a wide range of software packages and Operating Systems.

I am very interested in the position advertised and I am eager to utilise my skills and knowledge.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

My name.

Telxxxxxxxxxxxx

Certifications: City&Guild's Level2&3, CompTIA A&N+, MCP
    WIP: MCDST
  2. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

perhaps elaborate a little on how the skills you have would be of benefit to specific skills required in job posting.

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  3. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

I agree with Danny, its a bit short. Say a bit more about what you do now and your experiences. I also put things like

"I am an enthusiastic and highly motivated person who feels comfortable in a high pressure environment."

"Conscientious, hardworking and of a smart appearance"

"I hope that you will review my resume and consider me for the XXXXX position, as I am very keen to progress my career within a Support role. If you require any information about my current role, references or qualifications please do not hesitate to contact me.
    Thank you for considering my application.
    Sincerely"

Good luck
    Jim

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  4. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

^^ I agree with those two.

I'm trying to avoid using the word 'extensive' in my job-hunting, it's too vague. One man's extensive is another man's beginner.

I'd also put the MCP first.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
    Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  5. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I think that although submitting a CV with an email is now considered the norm, you should consider the email to be your covering letter.

Therefore I'd check out some websites that give you advice on what to include or not include in a cover letter (most recruitment websites have info on this).

Generally, the purpose of a covering letter is to make an employer want to read your CV.
    The problem with your email is that it doesn't really tell the employer anything that sets you out from the crowd.
    The qualifications and experience you mention will most likely be the bare minimum required for the job, and everyone else will have them too.

You need to get them interested by telling them about recent jobs you've done, or any skills that set you apart from the crowd. It should also be specific to the job you're applying for. The job description will ask for certain things, and you need to assure them you have what they are asking for.

If I received that email I'd just think that it was a bog standard email that you had sent to a dozen others without really putting any thought into it.

Just my observations... :biggrin

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  6. Adrian.Popescu

Adrian.Popescu Byte Poster

Thank's very much everyone. The advice has been great help:)

Certifications: City&Guild's Level2&3, CompTIA A&N+, MCP
    WIP: MCDST
  7. arj7

arj7 Nibble Poster

I agree with what is posted above, just say how how much of a hard worker you are how determined you are how much you want the job etc, because all your qualifications will be on your CV anyway