The Dark Knight

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by onoski, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I haven't seen it, but I heard it was great. Really well done. I am definitely going to go see it at the imax, just got to find some time.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

It's been the consensus through hinting already in previous post that this is a must see and a blockbuster. I too can't wait to go and see this at the London IMAX at Waterloo:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Both my son and daughter saw the film and say that Heath Ledger's portrayal of the Joker basically blew everything off the charts. My daughter says the film has quite a number of plot twists and, just when she thought she had things figured out, another twist would hit and change everything around.

Ryan, the missus says she thinks it would be a great idea for us to get together and see the Dark Knight (not her sort of movie, tho). When are you free?

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Hey any time mate, finally got a cell phone and stuff sorted (new iPhone) ill PM you my number :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  5. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Thanks Trip, that consolidates it for me:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
  6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I watched Batman begins last night and I thought it was pretty good, I'll definetely be watching the Dark Knight when it comes out :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  7. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Kinda of felt you'd like it:), roll on my day to see the dark knight at the London IMAX.

8. greenbrucelee

Sounds cool, I might wait for it to come out on DVD.

9. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

I liked it so much I picked it up on HD DVD at the weekend. got to love the fact the format is dead as the add on player for the 360 and Batman begins brand new came to £25!

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  10. greenbrucelee

Don't worry about that Blu ray won't be around for long either not with OLE HD TV coming out and that new higher def jobby that I can't remember the name of.

11. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Technology either way we try to keep up with it but still moves fast paced. Got to love it though:)

12. Mof

Mof Megabyte Poster

[/QUOTE]

Im having the same trouble myself, kids can be so selfish, Im going to threaten to take his wii out of the room if my son dosnt comply, Harsh I know,if that dont work ill try to bribe him that never fails.

WIP: C++ and A+
  13. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

Well I saw the film last night and all I can say is wow :eek:

The film is a cut above any other comic film I have seen (which is quite a few...) and flows with a slick pace and self assuredness that Begins lacked in places.

All in all the best film of the year so far IMHO. That said if Heath Ledger doesnt get an at least an Oscar nod for that I will be stunned.

Right so leave it a week and then who's up for an Imax trip?....:p

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  14. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

I did my review of this on youtube on wednesday, can't believe I forgot to post it on here.

Anyway my channel is: www.youtube.com/Noelg26 and the video is on there.

But on the film itself...BRILLIANT!! Heath Ledger IS The Joker. Enough said. Bale brilliant as always as Batman/Bruce Wayne and everyone else did their job superbly and especially the Harvey Dent/Two Face transition...just like the animated series...FANTASTIC!!! :biggrin so erm did someone mention IMAX?

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  15. Markyboyt

Markyboyt Kilobyte Poster

Agreed, I saw the film last and it didnt disappoint.
    I thought Heath Ledgers performance was being overhyped due to events after filming and that talk of an oscar were based on such events but how wrong I was, he is outstanding as is Bale. My only critic is that i prefer rachel in begins than dark night, but that is probably from a younger mans point of view :lol:

WIP: A+
  16. Gaz 45

Gaz 45 Kilobyte Poster

I saw Dark Knight on Thursday, it's a frankly incredible film. I'll almost certainly go and see it again (and I'll be pre-ordering the Blu-Ray soon!).

It's completely faultless, and Ledger's Joker has got to be one of the greatest movie villains of all time - forget comparisons with Jack Nicholson's Joker in the Tim Burton's Batman, he just blows that out of the water. This Joker's right up there with Hannibal Lector.
    Aaron Eckhart's performance as Harvey Dent is something special too, as is Bale as Batman/Bruce Wayne.
    I can't wait for Nolan's 3rd Batman film!

It's not just the best Superhero movie ever made, it's one of the best movies ever made, period.

Certifications: MCP (70-229, 70-228), MBioch
    WIP: MCDBA (70-290)
  17. Markyboyt

:iagree

:batman

18. Armchair Pimp

Armchair Pimp Byte Poster

I thought it was ok but about half an hour too long.. I liked Ledger's Joker a lot but I don't buy that it's an Oscar winning performance.. HATED Bale's voice as Batman which took me out of the film every time he spoke and didn't buy into Maggie doo-dah being the girl that two powerful men would fight over.. not sure I'd watch it again in the cinema but wouldn't walk out of a room with it on if it was on TV..

..oh.. and for the record I love comic books and films..

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL Found+Pract, A+
    WIP: MCSA, MCTS, MCITP
  19. Markyboyt

Yes Maggie doesnt quite cut it as much as katie holmes thats for sure.
    I actually quite like Bales batman, I did question his rather odd voice but i like it now, it also helps them to stay clear of the superman error where he is unrecognisable if he takes his glasses off lol.
    Ive already commented above on what I thought of The Joker.

Myself Im not that big on comic books, used to read beano and dandy as a kid if that counts :lol:

20. Ropenfold

Ropenfold Kilobyte Poster

I'd agree with all of comments above, I'd agree that its too long though. 40 minutes could have easily been taken off the end and without giving away the end we didn't need to see two face. Despite that the film is class, the joker is too good ('wanna see a magic trick? I can make this pencil disapear') Although Gary Oldman is my star, completely uncorruptable.

roll on the 3rd Nolan Batman!!

Certifications: BSC (Hons), A+, MCDST, N+, 70-270, 98-364, CLF-C01
    WIP: ISC2 CC, Security+