The CIW v5 Foundations Exam 1D0-510 Test!!

Discussion in 'CIW Certifications' started by Mix'Creations, May 21, 2009.

1. Mix'Creations

Mix'Creations Nibble Poster

Hi all, grateful for this forum no end, almost as important as gaining a degree in your given subject!

Anyway im just curious about doing the 1D0-510 exam, as i'm currently halfway through Section 2 Part A of the CIW Web site Design Managers course, i am wondering if theres any of you who may know of a link i can use to test my knowledge (like a mock exam) prior to enrolling for the actual exam, just to be safe and not fool myself...

Appreciated!!

Certifications: 1D0-510) CIW Web Foundations Associate,
    WIP: On route to Guru
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I don't know of any free mock/practice exams, however you can buy practice exams direct from CIW.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Sharepointuser

Sharepointuser New Member

You can find a limited practice download at http://www.ucertify.com/certifications/CIW/ciw-associate.html, or http://www.simulationexams.com/.

Both gives you some practice questions. I purchased the full version of the U-certfiy with all the tests before taking 510 Foundation and found it very good practice. The one issue I would have with it is that this test has some questions to which there are multiple correct answers, when in the exam there is always only one from the 5 possibles.

If you are looking for other free tests then simply Google 'free CIW Foundation exam questions' or similar, there are a few out there (including some still based on the preceding 410 exam).

:biggrin

4. Mix'Creations

Thanks, but i was thinking along the lines of a Freebie Test (Freeware) as i've paid enough already lol.

5. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

what happens if you fail, you'd pay more! at least if you buy these, you'll have a much better chance of passing as you'll have an idea as to how you'd get on in the real exam.

6. Mix'Creations

Never a more true word spoken.....

Still would opt for a freebie..Though!

7. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

pay for what you get... dont expect the standard to be high on "freebies" though.

8. dee1810

dee1810 Byte Poster

As someone who has passed this exam, my only advice is "study like hell".
    From doing these exams, I can give you one honest piece of advice. If disaster strikes, and you then re-sit, I can tell you that the questions are taken randomly and are not the same second time around.
    It is also done on a "so many minutes to get through it all" basis.

Just make sure that you know this almost by heart, because it is a multiple choice, and some of the answers are very "oh, it could be any of them" types of answers.

Sincerely, the very best of luck

Certifications: Foundations, Site Designer & JavaScript
    WIP: Server Admin, and Perl
  9. gkoef

gkoef New Member

I would pay for mock exam questions but they are so damn expensive. I had trouble paying the £2500 for doing the course, so I think I am going to find it difficult to fork out £150 on the low income wage I am getting now.

10. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

When you say that you paid £2,500 for the 'course', are you with a TP or college etc?
    If so, don't they provide some kind of practice exams as part of the package?

I think u-certify are ok, but I'd try and get the practice exam straight from CIW if you can. They don't seem very keen on sharing with others when it comes to their content.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  11. gkoef

gkoef New Member

I ordered the CIW Foundations Practice Exams and the Reference Card from CIW website on 14th September. Ive received the Reference Card (from America to England by post) but have not received the Practice Exams package yet which is meant to be sent me via email. That's strange, ever heard of email being slower than conventional post. Ive sent them (ProSQL) numerous emails with no replies which tells me their Customer Service sucks! :x