the brummie needs help!!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by djtiny01, Sep 8, 2005.

1. djtiny01

djtiny01 New Member

i also found this site from google! thnk god!

i was going to do a course from NITLC but think that they charge a bit 2 much!! so can u do it yourself? buy the books and exams etc.

Also i dont know what exams to do, a+ is going to be 1st but dont know what else and wat they are! i want to get into networking!!

so can u give me some advice please!!!!!

Certifications: GNVQ if that counts
    WIP: a+
  2. Weemez

Weemez Kilobyte Poster

Hey Djtiny01, welcome to CF! :biggrin

You will get good advice soon im sure, but while you are waiting have a good look around the site in the forums that are relevant to your needs and you will find some answers, i always do!

Certifications: HNC Computing A+ N+ ICND1
    WIP: ICND2
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

It depends on what you want to get out of a career in IT. Certainly the A+ and Network+ are a good start, but there are a thousand ways to go after that. Do you fancy a career in databases, programming, security, network administration?

It might be too early to tell. Perhaps the first thing to do is to set your more immediate goals and pursue them. You can decide if you like hardware and networking as you study the subjects.

Even if you are firm on networking, there are still different applications. Do you want to work for a telco, setting up WANs, be a small business owner, helping small office/home office (SOHO) folks set up their own wee networks? Do you want to be a Cisco guru or run a server farm for an ISP? They all involve networking at some level. Give it some thought.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. Veteran's son

Veteran's son Megabyte Poster

Welcome! :)

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+
  5. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi and welcome, djtiny01.

Basically - what Trip said. Start with A+ and Network+. By then, you will have a greater knowledge of the basics, and if you hang around here or other IT-related forums on the Net, you'll soon start to get a feel for things.

Check www.comptia.org for more info on the above 2 certs - eg, A+ is one cert, 2 exams, whereas Network+ is one cert, one exam.

Hope this helps you for a start. :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  6. djtiny01

djtiny01 New Member

thnks alot ppl, ive had a look round and found lots of information!

Certifications: GNVQ if that counts
    WIP: a+
  7. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum. :D

wee, Trip?? I think you've been trading bytes with Sandy too long!:biggrin

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  8. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Welcome from me too.

A word of advice. I would drop the net speak abbreviated typing talk, as it makes people sound very immature. I stopped when my 9 year old niece started :biggrin

Pete

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  9. kinger247

kinger247 Bit Poster

Damn annoying isn’t it!
    Keep it to mobiles … :blink Takes me twice the time to decipher the sentence!! or maybe I'm getting to old ...

Certifications: None (yet)