The 602 or 603 ?

Discussion in 'A+' started by tysfoot, Dec 16, 2008.

1. tysfoot

tysfoot Byte Poster

I’m a little confused to which exam i should take.

After i pass the A+ i want to get my first job in entry level I.T helpdesk then from there i want to study for my N+ then my goal is to become a networking technician

Should i take my 602 exam as this is the obvious route or should i go for the 603 as this is suited for people on helpdesk, now i don’t want to spend long on helpdesk support because i find it very monotonous but should i take this exam to help me on the first job i do
    :D

I have also read in the AIO book that you should only go for the 603 exam if your already in this field at work and your employer has specifically asked you to do that course, otherwise take the 602

Is the 602 a little easier than the 603 ?

Decisions,Decisions :helpread

Certifications: A+
    WIP: MCDST, N+
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

the 603 and 604 are only normally done if they are required by your employer. That's why most people do the 602.

I found the 602 easier than the 601. I aced the 602 but only just passed the 601.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. del_port

del_port Byte Poster

I'd ignore the employer bit,i am doing 604 because i want to,and it's the only sensible option for me to do,602 and 603 would be no use for me.

I want to work by myself with no customer interaction,602 and 603 involve customer interaction.

Also there isn't any networking in 604 ,i've no interest in networking anyway,so again it suits me.If they ask me 90 questions about fixing a pc and hardware i am on comfortable ground as that is what i have been doing the whole time.

So to answer i'd say do whatever you want.

Certifications: A+ and MCDST 70-271
    WIP: mcdst 272
  4. mattstevenson

mattstevenson Byte Poster

I just did all 3. I mean they're so similar that it only took a small amount of extra work to get each of them passed. Money might be an issue, but I think that if you have all of the options, you can't be refused a job because you're not skilled enough on a specific area, and you increase your knowledge generally, so you can feel happy in any low level desktop support role.

Certifications: Triple A+. Network+, CCENT
    WIP: MCP, ICND2, Sec+
  5. tysfoot

tysfoot Byte Poster

So do you think there is benefit to do all three ifs it a case of better chance of getting a job.

This may be an opton to me.....

What i think i will do after plenty of reading is do my 601,602 as there the easiest option, my main concern at this point is to pass and to pass before they change the exams questions mid next year.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: MCDST, N+
  6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Doing more than two required exams has no benefits what so ever unless it's for you own personal satisfaction. If two A+ certfied people go fo a job I highly doubt an employer would think that one candidate is better than the other because he/she did 3 exams and the other just did the required 2.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?