Thanks for Net+ Transcender Info.

Discussion in 'Network+' started by movieguy77, Jul 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. movieguy77

movieguy77 New Member

Your replies have been helpful. Lots of knowledge in this group. I'm glad I joined.

Mr. Big has got that training world locked up don't they? Can't even give it away!! I say what they don't know will not hurt them. I know if I had a friend that wanted to borrow my copy of A+ Trancender I would not hesitate to loan it to him.

Thanks again to those who replied.

Movieguy77

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Net+
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Unfortunately, Movieguy, several of us here WORK in that industry, and we don't appreciate your piracy.

So... "what they don't know" WILL hurt them. And me. :dry

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

So, your logic is if they don't know you took it, it's not stealing?

4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Practice exams have licenses just as Windows does. 1 copy per computer if they are installed on multiple computers it's seen the same as copying a movie. It is piracy and breaks the T&Cs.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Movieguy77, two of the people who responded to you in this thread used to work for Transcender and now work for another mock cert testing company named Boson. Trying to convince them that pirating Transcender (or Boson) products is like saying it's ok to take money out of their wallets and food off of their families' tables.

Advocating piracy is not supported here at CertForums. Please refrain from doing so again. Thank you.

-Trip

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  6. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

Yes it is wrong to do that just like it is wrong to download films and music which I am sure everyone on here never does.

Certifications: A few.
  7. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

I don't.

8. greenbrucelee

me neither 8)

9. Davidus

Davidus Nibble Poster

Movieguy77 - Plain and Simple, Its theft. Like GBL mentions - licences and T&C's.

Lets put it another way, hypothetically. You have a great affinity for building/restoring old cars. Over a period of time, you put in a lot of labour and hard graft getting this one car fully restored to its showroom best. Its your pride and joy.

Your 'friend' who wants something similar but doesn't have the money or know-how to do it wishes to 'borrow' your car, only for him to permanently take it :(.

Wouldn't that leave you with a bad taste in your mouth??

Ok - so you (or your mate) might quibble with the cost it, but it's people like you that help keep the prices up. If everyone legally acquired a service/program then the prices will come down, simple economics.

We all understand that you want to help your friend, but this isn't the way to do it. Why don't you set a list of questions and test him. Not only would it help him, but surely it would help reaffirm your knowledge as well??

Davidus

Certifications: EDCL (don't laugh)
    WIP: 70-536, Comptia A+
  10. Rob1234

Yeah me neither as it is against the law just like speeding is against the law which I am sure no one on here ever does.

11. Davidus

Davidus Nibble Poster

Of course - We're all perfect here :D

Ok, some of us mite have a slight taint.....ok, an imperfection shall we say........ok, maybe we all know someone of the criminal fraternity............OK - so we're all road-raging, homocidal, zenophobic axe-murderers....BUT we don't condone piracy........so there :-p

Davidus :D

12. Ropenfold

Ropenfold Kilobyte Poster

I certainly don't, a lot of my favourite artists aren't on major labels, so they rely on people buying their records to survive. Its not like ripping off EMI or Universal. If people steal the music of small labels, which IMO produce much better music than the dross that the majors put out, these labels could go out of business, simple as. Plus MP3 sound quality can be awful.

:biggrinPlus I like owning and collecting CDs, a novel idea in this digital age......

Certifications: BSC (Hons), A+, MCDST, N+, 70-270, 98-364, CLF-C01
    WIP: ISC2 CC, Security+
  13. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

So, reading through your sarcasm, your logic is everyone else is breaking the law, so it's ok if you do it? Interesting theory. Let us know how that works for you.

14. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

If I speed on the road and law enforcement pulls me over and tickets me, I deserved it. I'm not going to try to argue my way out of it by saying that "everybody does it" or "why don't you go out and arrest a bank robber instead?".

While CF doesn't employ it's own police force, we do have a volunteer staff who is responsible for upholding the rules and guidelines of the forum. If a member behaves in a manner that violates the standards of the board, the staff is responsible for taking a corrective action. That keeps CF a generally great community in which to participate.

Yeah, we're a bunch of Boy (and Girl) Scouts. What can I say? :wink:

15. Davidus

Davidus Nibble Poster

Here's a novel idea - lets ALL obtain priated copies of games, songs, software etc etc etc.

But hold on, If everyone does it, what would be the point in the manufactures producing legitimate copies??? No-ones gonna buy them. No income coming in, can't pay wages/salaries - gonna lay off staff, hell, no need for staff at all. They wont make anything anymore.

And that leaves us where???

No games, software cd's etc. No computers to play them on, what will we do as we'd all be unemployed!! Certainly no exams will need to be taken, no transenders will be needed as there be no software/hardware companies about, so no point studying. We've all given them to friends :oops:

Ok - bit hypothetical, but you get the drift.

Ok - Maybe a tad extreme, and if Movieguy is half as sensible as I think, he'd admit that what he would've done (notice, he hadn't handed it over to his friend...yet :)) wasn't legit.

As to Rob1234 - Come on mate - you're not that dumb. Some of us may have been silly, naive etc, but when people say they haven't done any piracy, I for one believe them.

Wish I could say the same but I may have copied something on the odd occasion (no more than 4 times and not for myself and twas films - i know ,no real difference) but no excuses. Tis done now.

we know piracy exists and while the cost might be more than we're willing to pay for things, if we all brought legit stuff, and hopefully the taxman can keep his grubby hands off, prices might just come down.

Davidus

16. greenbrucelee

Repped :)

Pirates are there own worst enemy, you copy something which means the company you stole from needs to get that money back therefore they raise the prices.

17. Mof

Mof Megabyte Poster

piracy bit harsh. If Movieguy was going to copy and sell on I would call this piracy but to lend it to his friend not piracy for me. If my wife buy's a book from whsmiths does this mean I cant read it, how about a news paper. If movieguy was to put his copy on ebay and his friend bought it is this not ok after all it is his copy.

WIP: C++ and A+
  18. Rob1234

So it is OK to steal off some people but not others? As long as they can afford it?

19. greenbrucelee

He shouldn't put it on ebay at all or lend it to a friend. The terms and conditions state that once you have and install it on the computer thats it you can't pass it on it is the same with Windows.

People get the impression that when they buy some software like Windows or an exam that it is theirs it isn't Microsoft or whoever still own it you have just paid for permission to put it on your computer. Technically if you want to put it on another computer you have to pay for another license.

20. ericrollo

ericrollo Megabyte Poster

I should be allowed to i have no money

Certifications: MOS Master, A+, MCP 271
    WIP: HND, Programming, Another Job