Testimonial - EZE Training

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Qs, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Hi All,

Just wanted to update you all with my experience from attending a training course at EZE Training (http://www.ezetraining.co.uk/).

Due to the unfortunate issues with Advent recently, Gareth from EZE IT kindly offered to hold a completely free M6292 course - Configuring Windows 7 Training Course at the weekend which some members of the forum took him up on. Thankfully there was a free space available and so I asked if I could tag along due to only living around the corner from the centre, as well as bringing along an old work colleague who used to be with Advent.

Admittedly waking up at 7:00AM on a Saturday probably wasn't the easiest thing to do, but once there we were greeted with a fantastic selection of coffee, cakes and biscuits and introduced to Gareth and the rest of the class.

The training facilities were fantastic, with the classroom being particularly impressive - kitted out with very large widescreen monitors and decent client PCs. The desks were large and easy to work from with decent visibility of the projector and instructor.

After having to wait a while for some of the long distance travellers, we started. Being my very first time on an official MS course and being an advocate of pure self study, I was shocked to see the size of the study manual! It must have been close to 500 pages, but once we got going it was really quite interesting.

Gareth's instructional and presentation skills were very high quality, often coming over to assist members of the class who didn't quite understand particular concepts (or explain to me that "Password" actually has a W in it, and perhaps that's why I couldn't log on :p)

Halfway through the day we broke for lunch, which was all provided for us - a ridiculous amount of cakes, pasta, sandwiches, crisps and drinks in a separate lunch area with a large plasma TV nonetheless!

We continued to work through till about 6:30PM with regular ten minutes breaks and that was it for the day.

Same story on Sunday, got there bright and early, all of the food had been replenished and we were ready to go. Finished up around 3:00PM, which is particularly impressive considering the course is meant to be a three day event.

Admittedly a lot of the content of the exam was a rehash for me (having done 70-271/70-272 & 70-621 previously) but going over this made me remember a lot, and there were new things which I haven't looked into before, such as DirectAccess and BranchCache. The course also sunk in particularly well with my ex-work colleague who felt so confident after the course that he is booking his exam shortly. In addition Gareth suggested possible alternatives to current implementations at work which was particularly good to hear and get his views on suggested improvements.

So yeah, that's about it. Hats off to both Gareth for his very generous and hugely impressive course and EZE Training as a whole. If I could pick a training provider (as EZE HQ is already my chosen choice for Prometric exams) I would definitely choose these guys.

Hopefully this testimonial will convince people to give EZE a try, as I for one was very, very impressed.

This is one training provider that is very much worth it's salt.

Cheers,

Qs

Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
    Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  2. beaumontdvd

beaumontdvd Kilobyte Poster

Nice to read a review on a good TP for once :biggrin
    Glad it went wellll

Dave

Certifications: 070-271, 070-272, (MCDST)Level 1,2,3 NVQ
    WIP: 070-270, A+, N+, S+,MCDST 7 Upgrade
    UncleBeard likes this.
  3. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

Thanks for the review. I'm glad there are decent TP's out there.
    Well done EZE.

WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  4. mr.raw

mr.raw New Member

Nice post and very interesting.

5. Ubergeek

Ubergeek Bit Poster

Considering Gareth's background, I'm not surprised.

Certifications: MCP, MCSA, MCSE 2K3
    WIP: VCP, MCSE 2K3 (Security)
  6. garya

garya New Member

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has done the CCNA course with EXE training in Lichfield as I was after some feedback on the course quality.

Cheers

Gary

7. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Just FYI - Their main office is based in Shenstone now, but it's only a 10 minute drive down the road.

Having done ITILv3 and SCSM training from EZE in recent months, I can only echo what I originally posted in my testimonial - that they are a fantastic training provider, whom I heartily recommend.

Hope this helps.

Qs

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
    Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA