test scores?

Discussion in 'A+' started by kickboxer, Aug 28, 2010.

1. kickboxer

kickboxer New Member

Hi guys,
    My first post hope u can help.
    I have found out that to pass the 701 and 702 exams you need to get at least scores of 675 and 700.
    Thats fine but out of the 100 questions roughly how many does that mean you have to get right/wrong?

2. Killian

Killian Byte Poster

Nobody really knows how the scoring systems work. Some questions are completely unscored whereas some may be worth more than one point.

Certifications: See sig.
    WIP: Everything!
  3. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Comptia don't actually give a breakdown of how they score their exams. Certainly on the old Security+ you had 100 questions, the pass mark was 700 yet the most you could score was 900.

If I were you I would be aiming for 100\100, that way you aim high and if you miss a couple then you're not so badly off, if you only aim to 'pass' the exam then you probably won't have studied enough.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA