Test exams.

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Bokkie, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Bokkie

Bokkie Bit Poster

Guys, I really appreciate the advice I'm getting. For the record I'm going to start off with two MCTS exams (SQL Server 2008 70-432 and 70-433). I've registered with the prometric website and I can see where the local exam centres are and costs, etc.

I've tried searching the forum but I've probably missed an important thread but I'd like to know if there are any legitimate sites that offer test exams before I sit the actual ones? I'm not looking to do anything illegal or use websites that are questionable.

Are there any sites you'd recommend that will let me do some sort of test before I commit to the actual exams?

Are they worth subscribing to? I reckon if I cover the essential topics then I'd probably do ok but having access to some milestone checks could be useful? What do you think?

2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

There are loads.
    Boson, Transcender, MeausreUp to name but a few.

The Certguard site has a list of which are OK and which aren't.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  3. Bokkie

Bokkie Bit Poster

Thanks. I notice MeasureUp gives you a discount. I'll check the other sites as well. So, are the test exams worth subscribing to? I reckon individual requirements will influence the decision anyway.

Are the questions copies of actual questions which I believe violates the NDA? If they are not actual copies of past exam questions are they a fair and reasonable reflection of what you could expect?

4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Yes, they are worth purchasing, even if you know your onions.
    It gives you an insight into taking an actual exam, and they are still cheaper than doing the real thing and flunking.

None of the ones on certguard, or the ones I've listed are 'actual exam questions', or braindumps.
    They look and feel like the real thing though, and have additional benefits such as providing comprehensive answers if you get stuck, and allowing you to choose which subjects you test on.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I would recommend that you check out a demo from each of the legit companies... then buy the one that you feel will best prepare you for the exam.

Keep in mind that you usually get what you pay for... the best is usually not the cheapest, and bad training material CAN be worse than no training material at all. Consider it an investment in your career.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. mario999

mario999 Banned

I mentioned in another thread that I was using Q/A files from www.thisisawebsite.com and it's very useful for me.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2009
  7. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

you also mentioned you were not promoting them and I have replied saying it looks like a braindump site to me and certgaurd are investigating it.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2009
    Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  8. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I take it is a bd site then? since he has been banned :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?