Test centre was closed :x

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by Ando, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Ando

Ando Bit Poster

Booked the 70-290 exam through the prometric website on Tue to sit it today at 11.30.
    Turned up at the testing centre only to be turned away by security staff saying the test centre was closed and no staff were in.
    Came home to phone prometric only to find out that they're also closed.

I did think it was a bit strange to be able to book a weekend exam but did so to avoid taking time off work. NOT HAPPY :x

It was scheduled to take place at the University of the West of Scotland (previously University of Paisley).

You think I should push for compensation such as 70-291 exam for free or something?

Anyone else had similar experiences?

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, Mstr CIW Dsgnr
    WIP: MCSA
  2. bogus1195

bogus1195 Bit Poster

this is really strange . reckon u can push ur luck by asking for a compensation or something ...:D

Certifications: CCNA ,MCP
    WIP: Windows 7 -- 70 - 680
  3. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

You should ring prometric and the test centre first thing monday, I would also send them (and the test centre) an email as well over the weekend, I think that you should obviously get a free retake, it may be a case the person running the centre is ill so I wouldnt get too irate, i would focus your efforts on regoing through your revision to make sure when you do take the exam you do well.

Good luck.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I agree :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

it could have been icy or snowy for the staff to travel in, phone prometric and ask them if you can get a refund or a new exam date (which is more likely).

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. Ando

Ando Bit Poster

The thing that is annoying me most is that I wasn't told beforehand. On checking my exam history on the prometric website, it now shows as "no show" which is also bugging me. Will give them a phone when they open at 9 and see what's going on.

There were two other people in the same boat. One sitting an oracle exam and not sure what the other was in for.

7. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

yes I've had that before too when there systems went down, trouble is the test centers are so dotted about it doesnt help that you have to travel for miles to get to one. The least they could do is get their list of takers and give them a ring, but oh well dont dwell on it too much.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  8. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

How has your contact gone so far with the test centre and prometric, i would guide them to this thread if necessary and also complain to microsoft directly if they are less than helpful.

Its unfortunate that we have no choice in who we test with.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  9. Ando

Ando Bit Poster

I gave prometric a phone and have to say the woman on the phone couldn't have been nicer. She apologised and explained that other people had already phoned with the same problem and an investigation was underway as to why it was closed.
    My exam was initially rescheduled to 22nd which was the only remaining date this year but I checked on Thursday and 15th was available so i'm sitting it at 10am this Monday.
    She also explained about the second shot and that the voucher wouldn't work again as i had already used it so if i'm unfortunate enough to fail then i've to simply phone up and reschedule rather than do it online.

It really does make a difference when you get a pleasant person on the phone!

Fingers crossed for Monday and hope to sit 70-291 in early January...

10. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Good luck and glad you got it sorted !

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  11. Ando

Ando Bit Poster

Passed today with score of 780. That extra 9 days turned out to be a blessing as it gave me time for extra revision!
    Well chuffed :D

12. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Hey, congrats and well done ! :biggrin

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  13. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Well done :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  14. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Congrats on the pass mate. :thumbleft

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685