Test Centre Reviews

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by zcapr17, Jul 16, 2008.

1. DiscoDave

DiscoDave Bit Poster

Whereabouts: Outskirts of Town centre

Site Code: Aiedo Limited (GB926)

Ease of booking an exam: Prometric were having extreme difficulty with the 83-640 exam, obviously not the test centre's fault but worth mentioning. Otherwise it was fairly straight forward

Parking:Excellent parking at the front, back and also just round the corner in a small residential area

Exam Room: Excellent, great atmosphere, new PC's, quiet and calming.

Staff: Excellent, very friendly and accommodating.

Other: A very handy test site as they're also open on weekends. I had a chat with one of the guys after my exam who went through some of the training courses and benefits from learning with them.

Rest Rooms: Near reception. Clean and well looked after

Overall: 5/5

Highly recommended

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  2. sbeel

sbeel New Member

Ease of booking an exam: Excellent

Parking: Excellent, plently on site parking.

Exam Room: Average, approx 8 PC's

Staff: Excellent

Other: Located on the 1st floor of an independant training centre. Rooms are ok, although it's not a modern building or room.

Overall: 4/5

Certifications: See signature
    WIP: MCITP Enterprise Administrator
  3. BC

BC Bit Poster

The building is some kind of storage place and Taitec are on the first floor with several classrooms. The exam room has 5 or 6 machines and is next to a teaching room where there are often some pupils working on PCs. I can't remember ever being distracted by noise but I do tend to ignore everything else when I'm doing an exam.

It's about 10 minutes walk from Victoria train station on a main road. I've never driven there but there appears to be a car park next to the building.

Exam room: The PCs are several years old with 15" TFT monitors. It's adequate equipment - no frills stuff.

Some of the PCs have screen between them but there's a row of three without any dividers. Makes you nervous when you click the "complete exam" button in case anyone is looking!

I've been 9 times now and twice I've had problems. Once it was with 70-293 where the chap in reception warned me that this specific exam often crashed - and it did, twice. I didn't lose any answers, just had to signal reception to come in and sort it out for me.

The second time I'd just completed the last question in 70-297 (what a beast of an exam that was!) and the exam software completely crashed on me. To say I was a little worried was an understatement. The chap came in and put me on another machine and the exam loaded back up with all answers still there.

Staff: There are usually plenty of staff available. I really like this place because I usually turn up 20 minutes early and they've always let me start straight away. Plus they have a water dispenser in the exam room.

Facilities: There are toilets available just down the corridor from the exam room and close to the building are several takeway places and sandwich shops. You're only 10 minutes walk from Manchester City Centre if you want a few celebratory beers afterwards.

Overall: 5/5 - it's a bit shabby but serves its purpose well. Never had a problem booking an exam although some days it is very popular.

Certifications: MCP, MCSA:M, MCSE, MCTS
  4. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

Global Knowledge Training, London (took course there but not exam)

Location: In between Bank and Liverpool Street tube stations, 5-10 walk from either.
    Training room: small room, had 8 PCs, good spec though mine broke but they repkaed it right away.
    Staff: Very friendly.
    Other: Was meant to take exam there but they cancelled it two days before so I had to go else where for that!

Lewisham College

Exam room: Large, had about 30 computers all with divders in.
    Staff: Very friendly.
    Other: To actaully get to the exam area of the college you have to go to reception but they will not let you through till nearly the exam time, then you have to get past the security guards and barriers. But the exam area has a nice waiting room next to the exam room.

Certifications: A few.
  5. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

I've taken 4 exams at this centre now and have to agree its a pain in the arse to find, I followed sat nav first time and ended up parked in a housing estate about 10/15 minutes walk from the place.....

The latest time I went (end of last month) there appeared to have been some major changes, reception area had been reorganised and there were a whole load more staff present. Unfortunately more staff != more efficiency, I had a much longer wait between arrival and actually starting the exam.

No problems with the test room itself though, nice and quiet and a comfortable temperature. Equipment isn't exactly top notch but all in working order.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10