Term/title: Engineer, what about Architect?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Kitkatninja, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi All,

You all know what the MCSE stands for, right? If you don't, it's Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer.

Well the term "engineer" is protected in alot of places - Canada and parts of the US (eg Texas) for example. And there has already been a case where Microsoft Canada was sued over this. Hence one of the reasons why MS has change the name of the MCP program.

Now what about the term "Architect", well it is a protected term also. So why isn't there an uprising with this term, the answer lays here.

Just alittle bit of info for you guys :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

All it takes is a smidge of common sense, and the problems go away. Props to the ARB for not being oversensitive to the use of terminology by those in unrelated fields. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!