Template query!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Alex Wright, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Alex Wright

Alex Wright Megabyte Poster

Hi all,

Forgive me for the lazy post. I've been asked a question and so that I can provide a speedy response I thought
    I'd pick your brains to help collate and report back with some decent ideas.

Basically, one of the managers in our call team department would like to set up templates in Outlook (2003) for frequently sent e-mail messages. She'd like all members of her team to have access to the templates, so I'm assuming the best way of going about setting this up would be to create some kind of shared folder, which I've done.

The problem with setting it up this way is that when users access the templates and click on the "Send" button in Outlook, that's it for the e-mail... it's gone, never to be returned! Is there a way of changing this so the message sends but a copy also remains in the shared template folder?

Thanks,

- Alex

Certifications: 70-680 Configuring Windows 7
    WIP: 70-642
  2. Stoney

Stoney Megabyte Poster

Did you save it as an .oft file?

Certifications: 25 + 50 metre front crawl
    WIP: MCSA - Exam 70-270
  3. Alex Wright

Not sure. I created the shared folder from out mail server (MDaemon). I've tried right-clicking on the folder and looking at its properties but it doesn't tell me how it's been saved. :dry

4. Stoney

Stoney Megabyte Poster

Well the normal way to create a template in Outlook is create an email as normal (don't use Word as the editor though) and then once the draft is finished you save it as a template file.

I would guess that this template or .oft file can be located on a share and used by multiple users but you never know with Microsoft!

5. Stoney

Stoney Megabyte Poster

Oh yeah, when you send the email using the template you need to go to Tools > Forms > Choose Forms and select User Templates in File System and then choose your template.

6. Alex Wright

Thanks!