telephone interview

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Georgiesickjitz, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Georgiesickjitz

Georgiesickjitz Byte Poster

Hi, iv had a few phone interviews now, none of which Iv heard any thing back from. i would like to think i speak with a nice friendly,polite manner. So what am I doing wrong,what are these guys looking for or waiting to hear.

Any help would be great.

Certifications: CompTIA A+,CompTIA Network
    WIP: CCNA
  2. DublinJoe

DublinJoe New Member

Were they with agencies or actual employers?

3. Georgiesickjitz

Georgiesickjitz Byte Poster

The telephone interviews that I have had so far have been with Agencies.

Certifications: CompTIA A+,CompTIA Network
    WIP: CCNA
  4. zet

zet Byte Poster

Those aren't usually the telephone interviews you read about online. That's just really a formal chat to see if they think your the right person for the job and they typically pass your CV on and then the employer decides if they want to call you in for an interview.

I had a few agencies do that and never heard anything back.

Certifications: BSc, MSc, A+
  5. Mariusz

Mariusz Byte Poster

I don't like agencies, it is much easier when the job goes from employer. I wonder why companies look for employees with agencies (maybe it is about outsourcing, because I see no other point). All agency does is advertises, and collects cv, then they do a selection, and expect God knows what for a job for NMW, the interviews are on employers' site anyway, same thing could be done in company's HR
    most agencies treat people like meat, without any answer or even confirmation that they got your cv, lack of respect for people. only once I met agency that was treating people really professional, they were informing me about everything they did regarding my application, really good agency.

I wouldn't expect much, but at least confirmation of receiving of cv and info that I didn't succeed would be polite.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
    Certifications: ECDL Extra, ITQ Lvl2, CompTIA A+, N+, S+
    WIP: MCTS 70-680 Win7
  6. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

This all takes time mate and not all companies have a HR department.

You won’t believe the amount of CVs that arrive in your inbox when you advertise an IT job – most of the candidates are not suitable but it still takes time to read the CV.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  7. Mariusz

Mariusz Byte Poster

I know what you mean, so it is still stuff outsourcing

Certifications: ECDL Extra, ITQ Lvl2, CompTIA A+, N+, S+
    WIP: MCTS 70-680 Win7
  8. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Yup...

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs