Telephone interview help

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by ade_b, Jan 27, 2014.

1. ade_b

ade_b Bit Poster

I've got my first IT phone interview tomorrow, trouble is I have no idea what to expect as I have been in my current job for 9 years and have never had a telephone interview, im guessing it's nothing to worry about just a way of filtering people out and as it's only a first line/helpdesk role I cannot imagine anything too technical coming up. Anyone able to share any previous experiences of phone interviews? I'm just unsure what to expect, any help/input would be greatly appreciated thank you in advance :)

2. jvanassen

jvanassen Kilobyte Poster

Just relax and remember if they ask you some scenario based questions don't "jump the gun" show them that you can think logically and check things step by step up the chain to get to the issue.

Certifications: CompTIA A+, Network+, CCENT
    WIP: ICND2 200-101
  3. ade_b

ade_b Bit Poster

It went very well, I was very nervous before the call but answered all the questions in good timing and earnt myself a 2nd interview face to face, really chuffed :)