TechS intro...

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by TechS, Jul 6, 2012.

1. TechS

TechS New Member

Hi all,

Firstly, I'm a long time reader but first time poster.

A quick note to say thanks to all other members for their previous posts and inspiration, especially on the Windows client exam forums. I recently took the M/Soft 70-682 (Upgrading to Win 7 MCITP EDTS) exam and passed with a strong score.

Having previously taken the MCDST exams, upgraded to MCTS/MCITP Vista a few years back, I'm glad the upgrade to MCTS/MCITP Win 7 was worthwhile and all done with now.

For any other users looking at the 70-682, I used both the 680 / 685 MS Press books although have to admit the 680 book as mentioned by others, did have quite a lot of errors inside it. I'd also worked through the Prof. Messer videos plus used the most recent MeasureUp test to prepare.

Next step for me is to look at the Win 8 cert routes, possibly the 71-681 beta as posted by SimonV yesterday - thanks for this!

I also have interests in Server 2008 R2 admin and Office 365 admin but haven't decided on pursuing certs for either at the moment.

Good weekend all!

TechS

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
    Certifications: MCDST, MCITP (Vista), MCTS (Vista), MCITP EDST (Win 7), MCTS (Win 7)
    WIP: Security +
  2. The Zig

The Zig Kilobyte Poster

Welcome! Look forward to seeing you around. I've started the Server 2008R2 track, and it's pretty good. The MS Press books for it (especially the 646) are worth reading even if you don't plan on doing it. If you want to discuss it at all...
    I'm yet to do the last two exams to get the full "Enterprise Administrator" thing though. I've been distracted by a change in job role, some extra projects and a sudden urge to pass the Security+ (which I intend to take in the next few weeks sometime)

Certifications: A+; Network+; Security+, CTT+; MCDST; 4 x MTA (Networking, OS, Security & Server); MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Support; MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Administrator; MCITP - Server Administrator; MCSA - Server 2008; MCT; IOSH; CCENT
    WIP: CCNA; Server 2012; LPIC; JNCIA?
  3. TechS

TechS New Member

Thanks Zig!, also been looking at the Comptia routes over the past few weeks and feel I can build from the Security+ which I'm planning to take over the next month or so. Noticed your tip in another post about the Darril Gibson kindle book for SY0-301 exam, I'm using this via an iPhone - not as easy to read as an iPad but works well enough.

Still intend to look at the 70-646 MS Press book and 70-642 Infrastructure soon, the latter seems to be a good guide for RADIUS server / PKI setup which I've been looking at recently.

Congrats on the pass for Security+ btw!

Certifications: MCDST, MCITP (Vista), MCTS (Vista), MCITP EDST (Win 7), MCTS (Win 7)
    WIP: Security +