technician and engineer jobs

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Wassup, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Wassup

Wassup Byte Poster

hi, long time no post from me but anyway I have just started a new IT engineering job having qualified as an MCSA earlier this year so have been busy.
    Well, my employer, the NHS is looking for several technicians and engineers in the south of England.
    Currently they are being displayed on the restricted access website for nhs employees although they will be made public in the near future so I thought I'd give this board a heads up. :biggrin

You can access their site at http://www.jobs.nhs.uk/

Here is a small sample of what will be coming up soon, as I said not all of the ones below are on the main site just yet, but they will be ;)

Attached Files:

2. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Well done wassup! that's good news.:cheers:thumbleft

Just wondering how many users does the IT dept support and do they RIS the PC's and what software do they support like HOPS/E-camis/EPR???

UCM
    :biggrin

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  3. Wassup

Wassup Byte Poster

cheers UCM

At the moment we support around 50 GP practices and health centres, 5 hospitals and several prisons, not quite sure of the number of users but its in the tens of thousands altogether.
    Although the current restructuring means that we will take on more of everything pretty soon, as a big support contract that was previously outsourced is being brought back in-house.

We do image the workstations when required, using BackUP Exec, sometimes ghost.

Everything runs around W2K for the end users with bespoke software being used in different locations such as EMIS, TOREX, Vision and the like. All the stuff you see on your doctor's PC when you got to their surgery.

In the comms room on each site, there are optical-fibre connections, secure VPNs, virtual LANs, cisco switches and servers galore, (its a bit like techy heaven for a newbie sysadmin/engineer like me! :biggrin)