Technical Test

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by barry, Oct 4, 2007.

1. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Congratulations 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  2. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

Well done - bet you had a few beers to celebrate that - WOWOW!!

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  3. barry

barry New Member

A few beers were had, yes. There is some really great advice on these forums - the best being 'be yourself'!

I spent quite a bit of money on interview advice books. The volume of information in them was overwhelming. I decided to ignore most of it and simply do plenty of research on the company and answer questions the best I could. I think they appreciated that.

Even the flunked technical quiz wasn't a problem - I think I demonstrated an ability to learn what I don't know.

Thanks All,
    Barry

4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Well done :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

congratulations on landing the job:biggrin and yes your hard work has finally paid off.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  6. ManicMonkey

ManicMonkey Kilobyte Poster

Congrats on a job well done (so to speak) and its not just about your ability, a key factor i think in most companies is will this person 'fit' in with the environment and people he/she will be working in/with.

BTW when do you star tyour new job?

Certifications: MCSE
    WIP: Exchange, Share point - MOM as well
  7. barry

barry New Member

Thanks Manic. The recruitment guy told me that this company is more interested in getting the right person than someone who perhaps knows something that can be taught, which is reassuring.

Not sure when I start - just sorting out references at the moment.

Barry

8. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Just picked up on this thread, and read right through it! Very well done mate, congratulations! :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  9. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Me too nX. Well done Barry, nice to hear about people's success stories. :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  10. newkoba

newkoba Byte Poster

glad to hear you got the gig barry i be that feels like a weight lifted off the old shoulders. congrats man.

Certifications: Security + and CEH
    WIP: CWNA and CWSP