Technical/Customer Service Assessment?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Urbanpoet, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Urbanpoet

Urbanpoet New Member

Yesterday I had an interview with an agency recruiting for a major ISP, they seemed to like my CV and what I had to say! Now, I've been invited to an assessment at the ISP after which I'll receive a simple yes or no.

The job is for 2nd line support for ADSL customers and will be my first job in IT, I guess I just want to know if anyone else has been to one of these assessments, and what I could expect. All I know is that it will be 3 to 4 hours long and will include a written test, roleplay(:eek:) and an interview!

Anyone have any tips, thoughts, advice, etc.?

Thanks,
    Tom

(First post, be gentle :D)

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+
  2. JohnBradbury

JohnBradbury Kilobyte Poster

Let me guess - Opal Telecoms!

The best advice I can give is keep your cool. Make it clear you're willing to learn new things and fill in any gaps in your knowledge.

I've had dealings with this agency and Opal before. Learn what you can about Blackberry services and you should be ahead of the curve.

Good luck

3. Urbanpoet

Urbanpoet New Member

Well yes, TalkTalk, so I don't know how much about Blackberry I'd need to know. I am aware the role will be both home and business use, could you explain more about the reasons for needing Blackberry services?

As for the learning part they say that the assessment will be highly technical, but they didn't give an example of the level required. I should be ok with a bit of a brush up, it's the customer side I'm not looking forward to.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+
  4. JohnBradbury

JohnBradbury Kilobyte Poster

They have a lot of business blackberry users on their books so it's a clear advantage if you can show an understanding of the technology.

Not too sure what the exam entails as I've never worked in this area of the business. All my experience has been supporting the internal staff of these type of companies rather than their customers.

Still I was told by the agent dealing with these vacancies that they wanted an understanding of blackberry services, troubleshooting and setup of ADSL, troubleshooting of mail issues [client side] and good customer service skills.

Brush up on those areas and you should be fine - Good luck!