Technet Plus

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by supernova, Jul 1, 2008.

1. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

No it was designed Microsoft partner companies. Where Technet is designed for the single IT professional.
    There are big differences the the allowed usage, internal business usage for starters (Technet doesn't allow this in its T&C's)

Andi

Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

...to enable people who work at those partner companies to learn the software! Dude... you're really missing the point. Many partner companies support home users too... so where am I wrong? :rolleyes:

You can't use the Action Pack on any production gear. Per their FAQs:

However, you can use EITHER of them for your internal evaluation use only. Thus, there's not many differences in the licensing restrictions. The AP limits you to 10 licenses; TechNet does not.

TechNet's license terms do not state that you can't use it in a business... in fact, it even mentions "your customers" within the licensing terms, and you can even purchase a TechNet Server License.

We can keep going on with this, if you really feel it's necessary...

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

I am not disputing that, i am saying that the action pack wasnt directly designed with just education in mind for the single IT Tech.

just offering a service to home users etc is just a of meeting requirements and doing that you have the legal responsibilities that follow

Nope but it does state that you can use it for internal business needs, for example server 2008 as a intranet.
    I did get that from the terms.

I did go over this with Microsoft sales before

Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Never said you couldn't... but you can use TechNet for internal business needs as well. No difference. See the remainder of my post, above.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!