Technet equivalents for other companies?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by supernova, Feb 15, 2010.

1. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

I wonder if any other companies have an equivalent of Technet for IT professionals that support there products or other training resources for future professionals ?

Examples:-

VMware
    Netware
    HP
    SAP
    IBM
    Apple
    CISCO
    Oracle
    Sybase

... you get the idea, basically to get access to there products for home labs etc.

I thought it may be useful to build a list.

Perhaps people could add to the list with links to such resources?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
    Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

VMware - Already offer Trial versions of various products, the only stipulation is that it has to be a business address and can't be a free email address (ie Hotmail\Yahoo\Gmail are all out). Also don't forget that they also offer Free products (ESXI Free and VMware Server 2)

Netware - Netware used to offer something to their CNE's many moons ago

IBM - Big Blue do offer software to their Tivoli consultants, may be worth examining what the requirements for this are.

Apple - The problem with Apple is that their OS license EULA stipulates that it has to be on Apple Hardware, however saying that they still offer trial software as well.

CISCO - Hmm this would be kinda hard as the majority of their products use bespoke hardware, obviously there are the likes of CCM and Cisco Works etc.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

I was thinks of non time-outs and other informational resources made available to professionals.

I believe they have software products to simulate there hardware products. CISCO academy?

Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots