1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tech Serv

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Richie1888, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Richie1888

Richie1888 Byte Poster

Hi guys

I had a phone call from these guys this morning anyone else be contacted by them ? All they really asked about was my current situation and what I had ie certs and what I was looking for.

I stuck my CV up on CWjobs after applying for a job there so im assuming thats where they got it

Certifications: See Sig
    WIP: Security+
  2. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

Never heard of them, sounds like some sort of recruitment company :)

-Ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  3. Richie1888

Richie1888 Byte Poster

ye i thought as much. i was half thinking when does he ask for bank account details

4. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

I've had a lot of interest from recruitment companies recently, all looking for candidates for the same position!

Then I had a call from the company themselves....:dry

Think I'm going to update my CV with my notice period.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  5. Richie1888

Richie1888 Byte Poster

funny that was the first thing he asked me after was i working

6. BrizoH

BrizoH Byte Poster

Call me cynical, but in that situation I think a lot of recruiters are trying to get leads so that when you leave your job they can try to put one of their candidates forward

Certifications: CCNA, CCNA Security
    WIP: CCNP
  7. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

I can't see how that would benefit a recruitment agency. Surely they would have to persuade your current company to pay them for supplying a replacement employee.

Being completely non-cynical about it, it sounds more to me like they're either:
    a) Thinking about bidding for a contract and they're gauging how many people with the right skills there are available.
    b) They're in the final stages of a contract they think they're going to win and they're sounding out people who might have the right skills.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job