Teaching Cisco? Any CCIAs on here?

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by dave_gray2077, Nov 3, 2009.

1. dave_gray2077

dave_gray2077 Bit Poster

Anyone teaching Cisco with the CCAI cert?

Im just finishing my degree this year and am looking at conducting a PGCE so I gain qualified teacher status in the UK.

Prior to my degree I have work in 1st and second line tech support. With this im looking at teaching the new .gov diplomas in the UK. Quite a few of the collages that teach such diplomas add Microsoft and Cisco cert material into the curriculum.

Just wondering if anyone is teaching cisco to 14-19 year age bracket and what is it like. Hard work, fun?

I just think I would be able to have a rewarding career out of it. Even if will be hard work.

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA, Fd Degree, BSC (hon).
    WIP: MCDST
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I do not believe that you have to be a CCIA in order to teach Cisco courses. In order to be an official Cisco trainer you have to gain the CCSI and then the certs that you want to teach, eg if you're going to be teaching up to CCNA level, the you have to have the CCNA (just like with MS).

To be honest, I really doubt that you'll be teaching anything higher than the CCNA to high school/secondary school kids, as kids at that age/level won't have the real technical experience to guide them. I would say possible the CCENT level would be more appropriate (but then again I've never taught in a school, college yes).

Good luck to you, personally I do not want to teach in the secondary education section (further/higher yes).

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security