taking the next stage but slightly confused...

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Ddan, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Ddan

Ddan Nibble Poster

Hi Guys

Ive have been doing software support for nearly a year, and believe its time to start planning my next step. I want to get into desktop support supporting windows etc but do not know the best path to get to this stage. Currently I self studying Comptia A+, but im sure that I will probably need to study maybe MCP?? Which certs are best to get this kind of position, and can also be self taught? look forward to your replies guys.

2. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

Hi Ddan, I would recommend that you continue with your compTIA A+ studies first of all and then move on to the MCITP as that should put you in agood place to then either move on to studying more clients like Windows 8 or to move on to studying a server exam

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  3. Ddan

Ddan Nibble Poster

Hi Shadowwebs

Can you self study for MCITP?

4. andylad9

andylad9 Byte Poster

sure can...i did. but you need to read several books, use technet and lab your backside off. good luck

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | 70-680 | 70-685 | MTA Server
    WIP: deciding now...