1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taking 602 before 601 (essentials)??

Discussion in 'A+' started by danpluso, Jan 9, 2010.

1. danpluso

danpluso Bit Poster

Hello guys! So I am going to be taking the A+ exam 220-601 and 220-602 soon and they are being taken offline on Feb 24th (I think it is) so I was wondering if I am able to take the 602 before I take the 601. I have heard that the 602 is the harder exam so I don't really want to take the 601 first, end up failing the 602, and then have the exams be taken down so I can't retake the 602.

At least if I take the 602 first and fail it then I can study some more for the new 2009 exams and not worry about the 601/602 exams going offline. But if I pass the 601 first and then can't pass the 602 before they are taken down then I just lost $160 I paid for the first 601 exam. Catch what I'm saying?

So is it possible to take the 220-602 exam before passing the 220-601 exam?
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
    Certifications: None
    WIP: Comptia A+
  2. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Whether the 602 is harder is a matter of opinion. On paper it is, but most people I've seen scores for have either high marks in both or a low pass in the 601 and a higher mark for the 602.
    In my opinion (and experience) if you're ready for one, you're ready for both.

To answer your question: yes, you can take the 602 first.
    Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  3. kicsiburcsi

kicsiburcsi Bit Poster

I have to agree with the previous comment.
    If you ready for one of them then you ready for both, actually I have taken them on the same day and passed both with the results of 94% and 96% (can't remember exact numbers).
    If you feel ready then go and take it. You can take them in any order you like.

Certifications: Comptia A+, MCP, MCDST
    WIP: 70-290, Degree in IT
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

You can do them in any order you wish. As for difficulty it's a matter of opinion. I found the 602 easier.
    Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. danpluso

danpluso Bit Poster

okay thanks for the info... I guess I will just take the 601 first then.
    Certifications: None
    WIP: Comptia A+