Tackling ICND-2 labs and exam

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by sendalot, Feb 15, 2013.

1. sendalot

sendalot Nibble Poster

So I heard folks saying there is a lot of trouble-shooting questions in ICND-2 exam.

How would you start to trouble-shoot networks?

Spam "show" commands and first see what's up?

Then do you use "no" before commands like "network" to cancel out the existing settings? Do them all over again?

Or do you somehow overwrite or modify the existing configuration?

Thanks.

Certifications: Many
  2. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

I haven't done the exam but I would say you start with a couple of show commands as you say to get an idea if what's going on and follow the traffic flow and see where it's falling down, the. Troubleshoot that area.

Start with layer 1 so make sure the cable is physically ok etc (I know it's virtual, but you know what I mean), the up to later 2 to check MAC address tables and that sort of thing and so on.

I wouldn't say you clear the entire config and start again, think that may well take a long time, depending how complex the setups etc are.

Maybe invest in some good simulators for the exam etc and see how they are!

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  3. BraderzTheDog

BraderzTheDog Kilobyte Poster

From what I remember, ICND2 was more a case of setting up WAN connections from the main office. So you needed to understand things such as how to configure NAT / Access lists / OSPF & EIGRP / Frame Relay.

You will find the exam objectives here;

640-816 ICND2 - IT Certification and Career Paths - Cisco Systems

Use GNS3 to practice or lab kit.

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCNA-SEC, CCSA, JNCIA FWV, MCITP, MCTS, MTA, A+