System thinks its got scsi controller

Discussion in 'Software' started by Bambino1506, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Bambino1506

Bambino1506 Megabyte Poster

Hey guys, bit of a strange issue here

My home system has suddenly started thinking it has a SCSI/RAID controller installed !! :eek:

It BSOD earlier, I checked device manager and there's a scsi/raid controller in there with an alert saying device not working as driver missing or corrupt.

I've disabled it in device manager but it keeps bringing up the add hardware wizard when I start windows and says its found a scsi/raid controller.

When I first disabled it it seemed to make the system unstable and I had to boot up in last known good config to get windows to load, however I can boot up ok now. Have tried system restore to no avail.

Any ideas guys ? I'm thinking of trying to uninstall the driver for it and uninstall the device via device manager, maybe check bios settings.

Any help appreciated.

Certifications: MCP,MCDST,MCSA
    WIP: CCA
  2. Bambino1506

Update: checked BIOS, nothing strange

3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Is anything listed in the BIOS for the device?

Also when in Windows and it prompts for a driver try Windows update. 8)

Edit: forget the BIOS bit!

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I had an issue with a floppy drive showing up in device manager the othe week, it also ended up showing in the Bios for some reason.

How I got around it was to delete the icon in My Computer then disable the device in computer management then restarted the PC went into the Bios disable the device then reboot as normal and it was gone.

See if any of that helps.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Ive got the same thing. Its the raid controller for the SATA drives, perfectly normal AFAIK. The drivers for his are normally on the installation CD for the mobo.

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  6. Bambino1506

Thanks guys, I've disabled the device and uninstalled the driver and it doesn't seem to be affecting the system anymore.

Raf, don't have the mobo disc. Do you think I should track down the drivers online or leave it disabled ??

7. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

You should be to download the drivers from the mobo or pc manufacturers website if it was pre-built mate.

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  8. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

You should be ok mate unless you want to RAID your SATA drives in the future.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  9. Bambino1506

Thanks guys all looking good now, no plans to ever use raid or scsi on this system so will leave as is.