System Recovery

Discussion in 'Software' started by Bruins, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Bruins

Bruins Bit Poster

I have XP Home & I did a System Recovery on 26-10-08.
    Then for some reason I did another one on 17-11-08.
    What I would like to know if I can get the 26-10-08 recovery back?
    I lost my wife's folder with her files & I need that one back.

Thanks for your help with this issue.

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

System recovery for recovering user files and folders?

System recovery doesn't work like that:

Are you taking about backups or Shadow copy?

You may need to get some sort of file recovery tool if the files were deleted, like:
    1. pcinspector
    2. Undelete+
    3. FreeUndelete
    4. Recuva
    5. Recover Files

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Daniel

Daniel Byte Poster

Works very well.

Certifications: 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: None, but learning SEO/SEM
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

also to add,a recovery point is made by the system automatically when installing something incase installing fails or causes system instability but is always wise to do it yourself.

As Ken said if you have removed something and need to recover it then you need a good third party tool to do so.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. annie.rodie

annie.rodie New Member

If you are not able to recover your lost files through XP inbuilt recovery utilities then you need a good file recovery software to recovery your lost files. There are many software available to recover deleted files and folders, Stellar Phoenix File Recovery is one of them. I have used this software that’s why I am suggesting you this software. Try its demo version first to make sure that your data is recoverable or not. By using demo version if you are able to view your files in preview mode, opt for full version and save your data. This file recovery software is easy to use.

6. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

I have used "Recover My Files" lately and please DO NOT use it. It has recovered 60GB of MP3 for me but some files are doubled up and the others are mixed, cut and/or splitted. In the end I have deleted whole folder as it became unusable. I used other program in the past and it was awesome but I can't remember what it was.

Regards

WIP: Uhmm... not sure