Sysadmins need love too. No, really

Discussion in 'News' started by Phil, Jul 30, 2004.

1. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

Sysadmins need love too. No, really

It's that time of year again when we are all invited to appreciate that most unlauded of colleagues: the humble sysadmin.

Yes indeed, they may play air guitar to Rush, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Pink Floyd and Megadeth, but 30 July is the day when all that is temporarily forgiven to allow a heartfelt celebration of all things sysadminesque.

Full details on how you too can love your sysadmin are available on www.sysadminday.com. Here's how they put it: "A special day, once a year, to acknowledge the worthiness and appreciation of the person occupying the role, especially as it is often this person who really keeps the wheels of your company turning."

Source: www.theregister.co.uk

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. Phil
      Phil
      A bit late but happy Sysadmin Day everyone, I'd have got you all a card if I'd realised sooner :)
    2. Phoenix
      Phoenix
      yay got my free t-shirt from think geek in honour! :P
    3. Jakamoko
      Jakamoko
      Anyone noticed AJ has gone strangely quiet lately ?:rocks :git

:biggrin
    4. AJ
      AJ
      [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

Lets hear it for the Classic Rock of Rush (2112, a Fairwell to Kings and Hemispheres), Iron Maiden, ACDC (the group), Pink Floyd (remember The Wall) and lets not forget Deep Purple, Rainbow, Whitesnake, Led Zep, ELP, Thin Lizzy - ah the list is endless of these great rock bands.

not quiet now ehh :tongue
    5. Phil
      Phil
      [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] Absolutely [​IMG]