switchs and vlans troubleshooting...

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by albertc30, Jun 18, 2009.

1. albertc30

albertc30 Kilobyte Poster

Hello everybody.
    I am about to re-site my exam next week, 640-801, yeah it’s the old one as I am in the old curriculum and I have to have it done till the last of July or that is it.

I am having some troubleshooting issues when it comes to switches and or with vlans on them.
    I know how to set them all up but the problem is when I have a 5 questions within 1 question on the exam about ports and what vlans are on those ports and what IP do certain switches have, and all this by accessing just the one switch.

I had this question about which ports are in trunk mode and I thought this one’s easy, SH RUN, but the only port shown there was port fa0/8 and this one wasn’t on the answers and they require 2 answers. I guess they are testing our knowledge on the command line interface, so now I know that there’s SH INTERFACES TRUNK.

Do any of you guys out there have a good practise scenario that I could practise these skills on?

Any help is dully appreciated,
    Cheers
    :ohmy

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: 220-701 - A+
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I know of a couple of fine products that would help you out. ;)

Best regards,
    BosonMichael

:p

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

...Michael Software? :p

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  4. albertc30

I have purchased EXSIM for $140 but still haven't found anything similar to what I am asking here but then again I haven't gone through all exams, done the first 4.

5. BosonMichael

To be honest, I wouldn't recommend the ExSim... it was created before we got here. I'd recommend the ExSim MAX. Sure, it's for 802... but it covers all of the VLAN stuff you need.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  6. albertc30

Sorry my mistake, it's EXSI(M-MAX but like I have said I haven't yet gone through all 6 exams

7. BosonMichael

You'll get there. :) 330 items is a lot to wade through. ;)