Swine Flu

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Majic_Munky, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Majic_Munky

Majic_Munky Bit Poster

Is anyone worried?

Certifications: BSc, A+, N+
    WIP: Lots!
  2. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Nope.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  3. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

ESET will protect me ! :p

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  4. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Nope, I think they're making it much more dramatic then its needs to be in all honesty.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  5. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

I was watching the news last night PMSL, no flights into Mexico but flights leaving from there are fine :blink:D

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)
  6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

lol, me too :)

There's a very small chance that a mexican pig will infect you with it's cold so no need to worry.

Attached Files:

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  7. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

The news on the radio last night had two interviews, one with some bigwig chief surgeon from the UK and one with some high flier from the US.

Basically, the guy from the UK said that everything was fine. We had plenty of medicine which we wouldn't need because it was highly unlikely that anyone over here was going to catch anything.

Then the guy from the US said it was a complete catastrophe and that we were all going to die.

I do like the stiff British upper lip almost as much as I like the fair and impartial reporting from the BBC...

Anyway, living in Wales I've got nothing to worry about until sheep flu hits the headlines.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  8. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

really? I heard today that the foreign office was considering recommending all non essential travel to the US be held off? hardly the response of a nation that feels there is 'nothing to worry about'

Of course, if that means that whilst the foreign office deems no considerable threat to the UK local, if it still sees a threat from travel to the US then perhaps the US big wig was not completely over exaggerating?

naturally, it was in the media, which means its as laced with as much FUD as a frat parties wine coolers are laced with sleeping pills

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  9. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

I believe nothing really to worry about as i trust the authorities to have the resources to deal with it.

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  10. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

I don't. The 'authorities' in this country couldn't find their own arse with two hands and a map. I just don't worry about things I can't control.

11. Cockles

Cockles Megabyte Poster

So we have Bird Flu, Swine Flu, Mad Cow Disease, Chicken Pox.

What next, Snail Flu? Perturbed Whelk Disease?

Certifications: None
    WIP: Trying to find my car keys
  12. ericrollo

ericrollo Megabyte Poster

Not really going to be a problem seriously if you live in a country like the UK with its vast stockpiles of everything.

Certifications: MOS Master, A+, MCP 271
    WIP: HND, Programming, Another Job
  13. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Not if you can afford the £160 Tamiflu is going for to those who aren't over 65 or under 12 of course. just because we've got stockpiles of drugs doesn't mean we can access them - for instance, it costs drug companies about £3.50 to make AIDS anti-virals that they charge £400 for and refuse to drop their prices down enough so that those in developing nations can afford them...

14. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

lol,

We have lazyitus by people who won't work

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  15. neutralhills

neutralhills Kilobyte Poster

These would be the same authorities who, last week, were busy banning clowns from wearing clown shoes lest they injure themselves? It's pretty sad when a government gets to the point where SNL can't do a parody of it.

Certifications: Lots.
    WIP: Upgrading MS certs
  16. juice142

juice142 Megabyte Poster

17. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

^^ Lol 8)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  18. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Isnt there a name for those afflicted with that.. oh yeah thier called Scousers lol

Anyway fro Swine Flu you'll be protected if you take one of these...

[​IMG]

(btw no offense to liverpudlians misintended)

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  19. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

*cough* oink?

Ah the good old virii. People rushing to the doctors for a course of antibiotics that will do bugger all except make them feel better (psychologically, not physically). I reckon that doctors should just prescribe placebos and charge twice the price for wasting GP time. Its just as effective, and might actually teach them a lesson for future.

Ultimately theres not a great deal you can do about the swine flu. You will get it, or you wont. If you get it, there is a chance (as with all influenza virii) that you may have an extreme reaction which could prove fatal. This chance is higher with the new strain than with existing strains (or mutations of those strains), but the risk has always been there.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present