Swearing - Do you or don't you?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by SimonD, Feb 3, 2010.

1. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

I like this guy!!!! (No, not in that way) :D

Indeed it is, like saying "I'm going to fist **** your face holding a hand grenade". That's pretty good I think.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  2. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

How about "catastrophic" :biggrin

Though srsly Fergal is spot on - you can turn most things vulgar, if you say them in the right way...

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

all the ****ing time :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Depends on the situation..

Rarely at work.
    Seldom when with family.
    Occasionally when with Friends.
    Like my uncle (an "18-wheel truck driver") when in a heated situation with a dumba$$ - sometimes it's the only way THEY will understand. It's my way of being considerate :twisted:

5. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

Grandmas chicken salad 8)

My girlfriend is a primary school teacher and sees it as her duty to make up for the fact she can't swear at work by using as many swear words whilst at home as humanly possible.....

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  6. Colloghi

Colloghi Kilobyte Poster

I do swear, but it does depend on who exactly is around me at the time or the situation. The part of Manchester I grew up in, swearing is just part of the language, basically Shameless on an everyday basis. So I do swear all the time in front of my family, but its all in the manner and context of the swearing which determines if its appropriate or not at the time.

However I tend not to swear around my wifes friends or her family and certainly not when speaking to customers at work.Although its great when we get this one customer at work...conversations tend to go along the lines

Hi Lee, Im having a problem with my computer today..........again

Whats the issue

its this computer, it never F******N WORKS!!!!........sorry sorry, its not you..its THIS STUPID F*****KN THING!!!!!!

**User to computer*** WHY WONT YOU WORK YOU F******N THING!!!!!!!! B****d!!!!:eek:

:biggrin:biggrin:biggrin

Certifications: A+, MCP 270, 271, MCDST
    WIP: 290