SUS or WSUS - that is the question ...

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by Modey, May 7, 2006.

1. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

So, SUS looks like it's old news as far as MS is concerned and support for it will end in Dec 2006.

WSUS is the new daddy, which is fine ... just downloading it now and will have a play with it.

Will the 70-290 exam have questions on both? Or since when the exam was released WSUS didn't exist should I not worry about questions about it?

Anyone had questions on either in recent exams? Thanks in advance. :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

as far as exams for MS certs are concerned its SUS still.. no questions on WSUS.. and something i can safely say is that their book from MS press seems to cover everything you need to know about it! :biggrin

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I would not like to say 100% that there won't be any questions on WSUS. It's new, granted, but then again MS exams are being upgraded as they go along. Look at SP2 for XP, that's new-ish, and there are ref. to that in some MS exams. But they (SUS & WSUS) are very similar.

Remember that no amount of studying out of books will get you a pass, and there is a clause with MS Press saying: "Please note that these products are not under the control of Microsoft
    Corporation and Microsoft is therefore not responsible for their content"

See you guys later.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. mojorisin

mojorisin Kilobyte Poster

WSUS is by far superior to SUS and a lot easier to use

The reporting side of it makes it easy to see what client have what updates and also wheta they require

:biggrin

WIP: Microsoft 365 Identity and Services MD-100
  5. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

totally agree but MS exams still cover SUS :rolleyes:

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics