1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supplementary Windows 7 Material For A+?

Discussion in 'A+' started by Valmont, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Valmont

Valmont New Member

Hello everyone and thank you in advance for your time. I had a few questions about materials to self study for the A+, in particular if I needed additional materials for a possible Windows 7 content.

I'm intending to take the A+ pair either just before Christmas or just after New Years. I'm intending to buy Mike Myers AIO A+ Guide as well as the Pearson A+ Exam Cram and might also be able to get Sybex CompTIA A+ Complete Reveiw Guide from a friend.

My question is should I be looking for books or videos regarding W7? I saw a few posts on here saying the A+ has a lot more W7 content than any of those guides contain. I don't know if professor messer covers the content, or if I should even be concerned about this. In addition, I have a decent budget for collecting my certifications so I'm wondering if in addition to the above I should pick up PC Technician Street Smarts: A Real World Guide to CompTIA A+ Skills as well.

Some background information for where I'm coming from study wise and why is I've just gotten a 1st line support role and have been carrying it out for the last six weeks. I have a long personal history of IT use, and I've put together several old PC and resurrected ones from the tech grave when I could not afford to get a replacement. However I feel somewhat lacking in knowledge, both jargon and details, when it comes to what my co-workers know. I have the feeling that the role was gained based on my customer service experience and not technical know how. Now I'd like to rectify that, and getting an A+ is the first cert on that road.
    WIP: Unsure
  2. cdrjameson

cdrjameson Bit Poster

I have only taken the 220-701 exam; on mine I had maybe half a dozen or less Win7 questions. But I wouldn't recommend buying a separate book to cover 7 topics. The advice I was given, if you know vista you know 7... (as far as the A+ is concerned)