Superbowl XLII

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by MrNerdy, Jan 22, 2008.

1. MrNerdy

MrNerdy Megabyte Poster

OK in the UK, US Grid iron was a big thing back in the 80's on Channel 4.
    These days it's on SkySports & i think i just about understand it.
    And what's more you get 60 minutes of real play.
    Unlike football in the UK were players can waste time or the clock keeps ticking when it's a throw in!!

But who's going to win this year?

Certifications: ECDL, CiscoIT1 & A+
    WIP: Girlfriend & Network+
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

The Titans.

No, wait... we're out of it already... crap. :dry

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Without the Titans or the Packers playing, it doesn't really matter who wins.

4. MrNerdy

MrNerdy Megabyte Poster

Well i think it will either be won by the Patriots or the Giants.....oh hang it has to be one of them.:oops:

Certifications: ECDL, CiscoIT1 & A+
    WIP: Girlfriend & Network+
  5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I still think the Bengals should win all the time, they could have last year if the Steelers hadn't cheated by taking Carson Palmer out through an illegal tackle.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. BosonMichael

First they need to get all their players out of jail. :twisted:

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  7. greenbrucelee

Whats a misdemeanor between rival football players :lol:

8. greenbrucelee

Anyhow Chris Henry isn't the main man we could do without him. :blink

9. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

I'm pulling for the Patriots.

No real reason there except for flipping a coin.

I was pulling for the Packers.

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+
  10. greenbrucelee

The Patriots have got better in recent years, the packers started to decline imo a while back they're not as strong defensivley as the used to be.

11. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Lets see.... Patriots (sounds like a missile with some bang) or Packers (sounds like a bunch of losers who want to give it all in).. hmmmmmm tough call.

But i'd always one to back the under dog so i'll say Packers.

GO REDSKINS!!!!!!

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  12. TimoftheC

TimoftheC Kilobyte Poster

Twiz - HAIL TO THE REDSKINS MY FRIEND :salut

As to the superbowl - damn I hate the Giants, not as much as the Cowpokes, but still, enough. Was anyone else here hoping that Coughlin's face would just freeze up completly and fall off at Lambeau?

I'll be pulling for the Patriots - 19-0, what a record that would be (not lessened by the vidoe incidents earlier in the season though :D)!! Plus, I think Junior Seau is one of those class players that deserves to win a superbowl ring.

My only hope is that it's not a complete blow out and the Giants keep it close - gets really hard keeping awake at 2 in the morning when the games one sided :sleeping

Edit - oh and Twiz, ahem, the packers didn't make it m8 - those nasty Giants won it by kicking silly field goals (they missed a few though)

Certifications: A+; Network+
    WIP: MCDST???
  13. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

[​IMG]

thanks for that you've just cheered me up :D

Grim

Certifications: Bsc, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299, 70-620, 70-649, 70-680
    WIP: 70-646, 70-640
  14. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

This year's Patriots are the best team ever. I think they're going to stumble over the finishing line - Brady looked tired in the championship game, their run defense is banged up and not the best anyway and I think the rigours of a long, hard season trying to achieve perfection are catching up on players like Seau, Bruschi and Moss.

You have to admire a team that has so many ways to beat you though - Their overall defense is excellent and their offense is just phenomenal - the most balanced, rounded offense I've ever seen.

He might be a miserable bastard, but Belichick is a genius of a coach.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  15. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

QUOTE=TimoftheC;199075]

Edit - oh and Twiz, ahem, the packers didn't make it m8 - those nasty Giants won it by kicking silly field goals (they missed a few though)[/QUOTE]

Damn!! And i hate tall people so i've changed my mind and will vote Patriots (lets just hope they can hit the target unlike the missiles)

GO DOLPHINS!!!!:twisted:

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  16. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

The Pats better win this game... I'm so tired of hearing how the Dolphins went undefeated in a year they played mostly (if not all) teams with under .500pct records.

17. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

I like the LA Rams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the Superbowl i'll go for the Giants. I think the Patriots have had a phenomenal season and it would be a hell of an acheivement to get a perfect season, but i'd still rather the Giants won it. 4 out 7 Superbowls for the Patriots, give somebody else a turn! ;)

Certifications: A+, MCP 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: 70-680, S+, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA
  18. BosonMichael

So what have you done since 1994? :D

19. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

Hehe I know, I do it to annoy my friend from CA. I think my friend follows the 49er's so I say I support the LA Rams just as an annoyance thing haha.

I hear it every time though, "FOR THE LAST TIME, THEY MOVED TO ST. LOUIS!!!!!"

at which point I question my friend the same way I always do by saying:

"....but teams don't just up sticks and move. It's like saying Colchester Utd used to be Manchester Utd until 2008, then they decided to move".

Which aggravates my friend even further to a point of about 5 minutes of silence, staring at the game on the TV at the bar. At which point i'll break the ice with my old favourite...

"....so how about those LA Rams??"

Hehehehe. :twisted::twisted:

Certifications: A+, MCP 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: 70-680, S+, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA
  20. BosonMichael

Sure they do, if the team is owned by an individual who wants to move the team. If a majority of league owners OKs the move, then the team can move.

In contrast, English football clubs are not owned by an individual... at least, not to my knowledge. The clubs are owned by the league itself. Thus, the league has complete control over where clubs are located.