Summer Summer

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Rosanne Eason, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Rosanne Eason

Rosanne Eason Bit Poster

Hi all. I need to plan for a summer outing at work. For activities like this, is it better to invite family or should it be just the employees, so we can bond better? If the families will go, are they supposed to be part of the activities too? I didn't know that this can be a lot of work. Organizing the food, itself, is hard because the venue I choose caters, but also allows food from outside. Please let me know what you think!

2. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Hey! IMO I would just keep it as employees if its a bonding thing you are going for as you may find people will just stick with their family members and not intergrate.

3. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

I think it depends if its in work time or at the weekend, if its a weekend then yes I think family member should be invited.

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
    Rosanne Eason likes this.
  4. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

We have a community day at work every year. This is open for employees only but I do remember that some of the staff brought their kids in etc.

I have organised a cricket match, cant wait. Then the food in the afternoon and to top it off I get paid for it, whoo hoo .

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  5. MSJ Jeni

MSJ Jeni Bit Poster

I agree only if the activity aims to improve your personnel's teamwork and performance. But if your outing is purely for rest and recreation for me it's okay to bring members of the family. It's also a way to lift up the morale and spirits of the staff.

6. Rosanne Eason

Rosanne Eason Bit Poster

Thanks, we used to get our team building sessions and other activities like these done through a training consulting company. This year, we are experimenting, so I am doing this for the first time and I wanted to explore a bit having families with us. On the other hand, I agree that they might not bond with the rest of the teams and just stick with their families. I'd really like this to be a "team building" sort of thing for us, plus activities, transportation and food seems to be harder with so many people expected.

7. MSJ Jeni

MSJ Jeni Bit Poster

Budget is also a big factor, anyways it seems that you have everything under control. Good luck :)