Suggestions Required please

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by pwd_directory, Feb 23, 2010.

1. pwd_directory

pwd_directory Bit Poster

my age is 26 years and i am doin BS in Computer science. i want to go for CCIE would it be worth for me to start cisco at this age??? or i should do some thing else please suggest

2. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

Age is not an issue at all. All depends what experience do you have and what do you work with?

WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Luke's right. Age is not the determining factor. If you were 22 and you had administered Cisco networks for a number of years, I'd say to pursue the CCIE with all gusto. However, I wouldn't recommend even the CCNA or CCENT to someone who is not yet working with Cisco gear in a real-world IT environment.

If you aren't yet working in IT, the absolute BEST thing you can do for your career is to start working in IT **now**, while you are in school. Get you an entry-level IT job and start gaining the experience that employers desire. Because I can guarantee you, someone with two years of experience will almost always get the job over someone with a four-year degree and no experience.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. pwd_directory

pwd_directory Bit Poster

thanks for your kind suggestions