Suggested Active Directory Lab & Exercises?

Discussion in 'Active Directory Exams' started by si.randall, Jun 18, 2006.

1. si.randall

si.randall New Member

Hey guys,
    I have 7 months left down the lovely Falklands and wanting to venture onto the 'mcse' side of life. I currently have my ccna, only ever really worked on networks however and don't really have that much of an idea how the rest works.

Would like to study for the active directory (70-294) and ms exchange server 2003 (70-284) exams to get myself more chance of getting a job, with the aim to complete the MCSE further down the line.

Most ccna jobs that I have seen like you to have experience with active directory and exchange server so thats my reasoning so far.

Just would really like a push in the right direction. Can anyone suggest any suitable study prep and possible lab set ups to aid my study. I have access to pretty much anything I want, software, servers etc. Just need a helping hand.

Thanks in advance.

Certifications: CCNA, Fibre\Structured Cabling,NVQ3 tels
  2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Hi Si, personally I wouldn't recommend jumping into the MCSE at the Active Directory or Exchange level. If you intend to get MCSE then you will have to do the core exams anyway and because of the way in which the topics cross over and the way in which they are introduced, it would be sensible to start at the beginning and work you way through to the electives.

Start with the client exam, then the server exam, then Active Directory etc.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

i have to agree with bluerinse... start from the bottom - up! Here is the link the the MCSE Certification Requirements, have a peek and see what its all about.

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics