Suddenly England are getting somewhere! Wooo!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by BraderzTheDog, Jun 19, 2012.

1. BraderzTheDog

BraderzTheDog Kilobyte Poster

Aloha,

Just wanted your thoughts on tonight's match, is it just me that thought Rooney was hot and cold tonight?

I know he scored the winner but as Steve G said; 'Twas a tap in'. For me he seemed to miss alot of opportunities and didn't really look on form tonight...

What are your thoughts?

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCNA-SEC, CCSA, JNCIA FWV, MCITP, MCTS, MTA, A+
  2. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

We didnt play well at all in my opinion, yes they were playing against a host nation with massive home support but I dont think we showed much passion or attacking danger. The goal was lucky but in football that's sometimes enough to get a win. I don't think Wellbeck had much influence and Rooney was poor as usual. We made a lot of mistakes and gave the ball away a lot but we put bodies behind the ball and made it difficult for them to score so as a game we played it well and got the job done even ifs not great viewing for the fans.

Italy wont be an easy game but a guess its a little less of a challenge than playing Spain. :)

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  3. BB88

BB88 Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

They had far too many chances for my liking, whether on target or not, we cannot allow that type of play against better teams!

We didn't play very well at all, and against tougher teams we will get exposed easily if we play like that.

But hey, we are through, come on England! :D

Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, MCSA: Office 365,, 70-410, 70-680
    WIP: CompTIA: Security+
  4. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

I just read that that was the first goal Rooney has scored or England in a competitive game in 8 years! Did Ian Wright have a better record?

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  5. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Wiki say 33 caps and 9 goals for Ian Wright

and Rooney 75 caps and 29 goals.

Personally I wonder whether Rooney is worth his place

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  6. BB88

BB88 Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

Sheesh, I think Emile Heskey had a better record...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
    Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, MCSA: Office 365,, 70-410, 70-680
    WIP: CompTIA: Security+
    Boffy likes this.
  7. jvanassen

jvanassen Kilobyte Poster

My honest opinion is that i keep hearing people say "oh Rooney had a bad game" and sounding surprised. He hasnt played a competitive game in nearly 5 weeks so anyone that was expecting a star performance from him really was dreaming. Hopefully this was his warmup and against Italy he can pull a few more strings like he normally does.

Overall we didnt have a good game but that just comes down to the likes of Gerrard and Parker being nakerd from the start and not having the energy to pressurize the ball in midfield areas. This is where were sort of screwed because were only 3 games into the tournament and there already nakerd and we have no established replacements for them. Hopefully over the next 5 days before the Italy game they are given the right treatment.

If the midfield can regain some stamina then i think we will beat Italy quite easily.

Certifications: CompTIA A+, Network+, CCENT
    WIP: ICND2 200-101