1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stupid Question

Discussion in 'A+' started by Weemez, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Weemez

Weemez Kilobyte Poster

I was asking in last night about IRQ's. I was under the false impression that my computer was unique and listed 23! Having looked at it again am i right in thinking that:

1-15 are ISA and they need an IRQ.

16-23 are PCI so as they dont need intervention from CPU, no need for an IRQ.

Think i just couldnt see the forest for the trees when i was looking at it! :rolleyes:

Certifications: HNC Computing A+ N+ ICND1
    WIP: ICND2
  2. Arroryn
    Honorary Member

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed

Sounds good to me - I referred to this link when swotting up about IRQ's http://www.computerhope.com/irqs.htm#11

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  3. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

As far as im aware any questions that you may be asked on the A+ exam relating to IRQ's will only be on No's 1-15.

Certifications: A+,70-270
    WIP: 70-290
  4. Weemez

Weemez Kilobyte Poster

cool guys, jakamoko sent me that site last night aswell and it looks good, was just scratching my head because there was a listing of 0-23 under IRQ listings. Less to remember if exam only lists 1-15, thats good!

Thanks again! :biggrin

5. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

I did ? :blink I think someone else may be due the credit here - not me :oops:

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  6. Weemez

Weemez Kilobyte Poster

You sort of did, you sent me a link to an IRQ query that was asked previously and having looked back at it, was on one of Trips replys that i clicked on the link so thanks to both of you although neither of you know what you did! :D

7. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

lol - I knew it had a Trip "King of the links" Wire45 sort of feeling about it....

Regardless of who helped, I'm glad we could. :D

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  8. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I just happen to use Google a lot. No real trick to it. Glad I could help. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+