Studying For ITIL v3 Foundation

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by craigie, Jan 17, 2009.

1. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

OK, I have managed to stay awake for most of the book.

Watching some CBT Nuggets at work ZZZZZZZZZ.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

You are not selling this cert very well. :biggrin

Is it *that* bad? :blink

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Remember the 70-291 was quite dry with DNS, Subnetting, RRAS etc.

Well imagine that x 50.

Think I will go home and watch some paint dry later to have some fun :D

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  4. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Mind-numbing doesn't even come close :p:p:p

Has helped having it on my CV tho'

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  5. Sparky

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

I need a drink..... :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Talking abut CV's I might post mine on here, in a while to see whatcha think about it.

I really dumbed down what I had achieved for the first 12 years of my career to enable me to gain access to my first line job.

Now, I'm second line, I'm wondering whether I should put all the old stuff back in again or not.

7. Kitkatninja

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

See what we mean :) However I do have to say that it does get better, at the end, when it's finished... :biggrin

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  8. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

did someone (yawn) mention (yawn) Itil.....

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (Yet another Yawn) zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......I don't half (yawn) feel sleepy..:cry:

Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA
  9. dalsoth

dalsoth Kilobyte Poster

I have my exam booked for next week. I am expecting a fail after seeing the types of people on here scrape through or fail in other threads. I have literally dozed off 3 or 4 times whilst watching CBT Nuggets videos.

I bought this book after reading a thread on these forums and am finding it much easier to pin down the phrases and relate to the OGC passing your ITIL Foundation book than the Nuggets. The book allows you to go online and use video learning on their website which also tests you with a quiz after each section.

Good luck with your studies and exam.

Certifications: MCSE, MCP, MCDST, MCSA, ITIL v3
    WIP: MCITP EA
  10. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

I did the three day instructor led course last week for ITIL v3 Foundation. It was quite possibly the worst course I have ever been on. The course itself is so badly structured, a PowerPoint endurance event and one or two group assignments. It doesn't help that the subject is so dull (unless your into that management stuff). I hope I have passed the exam.... (I took this this exam last October and missed the pass mark by one question....:()

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation
  11. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

The good news is we do follow alot of this stuff already at work. So the learning curve so far has'nt been to bad.

It's just terribley terribley boring zzzzz

12. dalsoth

dalsoth Kilobyte Poster

Many of the topics have actually opened my eyes and have made me think about improvements to my own workplace. However, i do feel that with an IT team of 2 including myself, most of the things learnt will remain in my head and will not get implemented.

Will be nice to take a look again at FITS once i have passed ITIL as it is a BECTA system based on ITIL but in a school environment. Might help me fit some of the large corporate ideas into my tiny team :p From studying ITIL it would seem you would need to hire about 200 managers just to cover each of the darned sections!! :eek:

Certifications: MCSE, MCP, MCDST, MCSA, ITIL v3
    WIP: MCITP EA