1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Study the honest way

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Sparky, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

A guy in my work took an MCP exam after basically cramming some brain dump .pdfs from a well known website. I wasn’t too chuffed when I saw a nice folder appear on the server called ‘study notes’ full of them!

Anyways he wanders off to take the exam while I’m left in the office trying to get through a mountain of tech support calls. He returns later on and I asked how he got on, guess what? He failed! :twisted:

Later on my boss came into the office and asked how ‘Dave’ got on in his exam, (I’m Daves boss, lucky me!) so I said ‘He didn’t pass’ to which my boss replies, “Ack, I think Dave has underestimated the amount of work goes into MCPs, he should pull his finger out”

The conversation went on and I blurted out that its only a matter of time before he (Dave) passes because of the brain dump material he is using, how hard can it be to memorise some questions?!? :rolleyes:

My boss goes quiet and says “If I was to offer you the chance to go on a 2 week MCSE course next week fully expensed with a guaranteed pass what would you say to me?” I said “I would probably tell you to f**k off”. My boss tells me that’s the answer he was looking for and walks out the office.

I sit back down at my desk and the phone goes 5 mins later and it’s my boss, he said “Just for the record that’s the only time you can tell me to f**k off”, we both laughed! :biggrin

Just thought I would share this story with everyone here who is studying for certs the honest way and there are some companies that have some integrity about the whole certification game! :biggrin
    Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Exchange 2007\2010
  2. AJ

AJ Administrator Administrator

Words of wisdom there m8 thanks for that :biggrin
    Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Looking at doing ..................
  3. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Respect, Sparky :respct
    Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  4. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Good onya Sparky 8)
    Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  5. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

You Da Man Sparky!

6. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Way to go mate. :thumbleft
    Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685