study or play with new camera AAGGGHHHH

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Dhughes, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Dhughes

Dhughes Byte Poster

My new camera has just arrived, Fuji s7000 but im supposed to be studying :cry: :cry: :cry:

not sure may point just wanted to explain my situation, aaaah take photos of course notes :@) hehe JOKING!!

Certifications: A+ Essentails, A+ Technician , MCDST
    WIP: MCSE
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I had(have) an S7000, very nice camera, shoots RAW (albeit a tad slow on 2GB CF cards) and has alot of manual control found in the high end pro DSLRs
    a good purchase mate :)
    give me a shout via pm if you want any advice on using it, I know a few good forums/podcasts on digital photography to boot :)

Now get back to studying!!! :D

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. Dhughes

Dhughes Byte Poster

I problerly with do thanks mate when i get to have a good play with it, my first camera of this semi DSLR design. Ive not had a change to play with anything to do with RAW yet so looking forward to seeing what its all about, just taking the photographic up as a hobby more so than the point and click style my old cameras do.
    Thought its a good way to relax after working, studying and dealing with the wife lol
    Ive not got any CF memory yet so will be using the 2 x 1gig cards that i got with it but im guessing there be good enough for me until i can afford a CF thats if i do need one over them hmmmm :blink

4. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

I decided to make the leap from a point-and-shoot camera to a Digital SLR - so 1 week before my final A+ exam I bought a Nikon D80 - very sweet :D

Unfortunately, it had to stay in the box until I had passed - so come Saturday, sat the exam, passed and then the g/f insisted I help her out with the house work that I had neglected over 3 weeks of hard-core revising..... come Sunday lunchtime, play time - already managed to take over 400 shots in the space of a week!!!

Depends how close you are to being ready for the exam, if some way off, get it out!!! :D

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  5. Dhughes

Dhughes Byte Poster

its out and its proud!!! what an amazing piece of kit! Would love too see how good a real pro DSLR is!!

All i got to do now is learn how too compose my shots better, im understanding about leading line and the rule of thirds now i just got to wait for the weather to turn back to being sunny lol

I love the macro!! Ive got some fire bellied toads and the few photos ive taken are well wicked! Only using jpegs at the mo as im running around the house happily snapping, my poor puppies not sure what to make of the lens trying to macro there eye balls lol

oooo and just found the simple joy of photographing the infrared from the tele remote lol i so want an ir filter to play with!

Just trying to get the hang of using the aperature setting, i cant seem though to get thinks im not focusing on that out of fucus as my magazine shows you can get, guess its just practice :biggrin