study mode

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by cjd, Dec 9, 2006.

1. cjd

cjd Bit Poster

hi all,

im currently studying for the win xp exam, but has anyone followed the chapters in the objectives? for example looked at an objective and the chapters for that or simply read in order say chapter 1,2,3 etc? wondering on peoples thoughts on this. lastly, can i get the Transcender test for win xp on amazon?

Certifications: HND, A+, Network+
    WIP: MCDST
  2. C_Eagle

C_Eagle Byte Poster

Hi,

I used the Sybex book for this exam and it had many objectives. I completed them all even if I knew I didn't really need too. They are definatley worth doing as the exam could ask a question and if you've setup whatever it is yourself from an objective you'll know what to do.

As long as you can answer the questions at the end of each chapter then move on!

I used the transenders and they where good for getting used to the style of questions. I think amazon do sell them.

Good luck

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, 70-270
    WIP: MCSA 70-290
  3. cjd

cjd Bit Poster

yeah a friend of mine told me to do the end of chapter tests too, thats what im doing too. even if i have no social life because of it. what did u mean by the 1st paragraph? did u mean do all the chapters in order or follow the chapters laid out in the objectives instead?

Certifications: HND, A+, Network+
    WIP: MCDST
  4. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

What about Cram Session?

once you register with them you can download a PDF - free study guide

click here to read

They have also got some special deals on testing software.

The study guides are excellent and are used by many as Key notes giving clear and concise information on Comptia A+ or any other subject you have chosen.:biggrin

It's worth a look!

Also although most members here do recommend Transcender, it would be a unwise desceision to put all your hopes on one type of testing vendor. I think you will find most people here have used several, just to get the feel of the questions that may be asked in exam.8)

Good luck in your studies:biggrin

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+