Study methods

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by P3-450, Nov 20, 2005.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I guess for me, the ideal learning environment would be instructor-led, with labs plus reading and home lab. Typically, no matter how helpful an instructor is, they don't have the time to give each student as much individual attention as they'd need. Besides, just telling me how something works won't make it sink in. You have to show me and then let me actually do it myself...over and over and over. Yes...my swiss cheese memory only finally learns if I do it repeatedly.

Also, since I'm so darned visual, reading and lots of nifty illustrations and screen shots really helps. I need to be able to match up the text with what it's actually describing. Saying all that, it's amazing I've learned anything at all. :tongue

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Thanks Clyde, that is what they said too but I didn't realise it was the same everywhere. I thought it was just my training provider.

It's annoying when you find yourself sat in front of a brilliant instructor with real information that could help you understand the concepts better but they are constrained to the text in the book which doesn't go deep enough.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. Veteran's son

Veteran's son Megabyte Poster

With regard to study methods, I find that reading the information and practical computer experience works very well. :)
    I probably should have a second computer to assemble and reassemble too. :) With IT, it seems that the learning is
    ongoing(which is a good thing).

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+
  4. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

We are all way behind the cutting edge Mike and there is much catching up to do. The truth is that in this industry, the learning never stops. We just take a break now and again, then it's back to the books 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)