Study materials

Discussion in 'A+' started by sendalot, Mar 12, 2013.

1. sendalot

sendalot Nibble Poster

What books do you recommend do study for A+ from scratch?
    (I have Network+ and CCENT as a background).

Also, I hear there are simulation-based type questions on the new exam.
    How would you prepare against that?

Lastly, if I start now, shall I take the newer exam?

What does everyone think about PearsonIT's "CompTIA A+ 220-801 and 220-802 Simulator by Robin Graham, Elizabeth Smith" ?

For performance based questions.

Thanks.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
    Certifications: Many
  2. jvanassen

jvanassen Kilobyte Poster

I used the Mike Meyers books for both the A+ and Network+ and found them brilliant, would definitely recommend them. Also in answer to your question if your only just starting the A+ I think it does make sense to do the newest one.

Certifications: CompTIA A+, Network+, CCENT
    WIP: ICND2 200-101
  3. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

I would suggest you focus on one certification at a time. You have posted loads of questions about ICND2 to complete your CCNA, most of which you should be able to answer if you were using study materials so they seem pointless threads to start.

Now all of a sudden you want to start A+?

Decide what you want to do, get some good study materials, then sit and read them, learn what they are telling you, practice on hardware or emulator type software at home, then you will be good to go. In order to complete simulation type questions, they are simple, as long as you have learned what you need to learn to sit the exam, you will know how to get through them when they come along. No one can really give you an answer with best way to prepare other than to make sure you know your stuff, if you don't, then don't sit the exam until you do.

Your posts are very much starting to come across as if you are simply braindumping exams, and that is not something that most on these boards would ever advocate, as it hurts the whole industry and de-values to an extent the certification process that many work very hard to get through.

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  4. sendalot

sendalot Nibble Poster

What about preparing for simulation-based or performance-based questions?

Are they so easy I don't need to practice?

Thanks.

5. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Dude, FFS listen to the advice you are being given here!!! this isn't the first time such advice has been offered and unfortunately you tend to ignore said advice, the fact that other people are starting to offer the same advice should be telling you something by now, you are starting to annoy people offering you the same advice, week in\week out.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  6. sendalot

sendalot Nibble Poster

Alright, my bad. I studied Network+ and ICND-1 together, so I guess I'd do the same again.

I tend to focus better when doing two different things simultaneously.

But if my posts seemed too basic, my bad again. I like it better when people explain it differently. It enter my mind better.

Someone said A+ might help more than CCNA will, so I thought I'd change course.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013