Study Material

Discussion in 'VMware Certifications' started by Deadhead, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Deadhead

Deadhead Bit Poster

I would like to start by apologizing first and foremost, as this has probably been said a million times.

I'm looking to do my VCP5 exam and a colleague has recommended the Scott Lowe textbook. Is this the preferred study guide for all of you out there or is there another that is regarded as a superior book?

thanks in advance.

Deadhead

Certifications: A+, MCDST, MCSA, VCP5-DCV, VCP-DCV 2019, VCAP-DCV-Deploy-2018
  2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Have you attended the ICM course?

As far as books go the Scott Lowe books tend to be about the best out there, probably also worth looking at the Official VCP Cert Guide as well.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. Deadhead

Deadhead Bit Poster

Thanks for the reply Simon, my employer is going to fund my ICM course and just wanted to know the best study guide to use to prepare for the exam.

4. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Then definitely Scott's book but also have a look at the VCP Blueprint as that's the bible where VCP test requirements is concerned.

Just be advised that simply attending the ICM is not enough to pass the exam.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  5. Deadhead

Deadhead Bit Poster

Awesome, thanks for the advice. Yeah a couple of guys have completed their VCP and said it was one of the toughest exams they have done, and that the ICM course only really covers around 50% of the curriculum material.

6. scott28tt

scott28tt Byte Poster

Certifications: VCP2, VCP3, VCP4, VCP5, VCAP4-DCA, VCI, MCSE (NT-2003)